Unnamed "Shooter game"

A

AlphaRedDragon

I have been working on this game for almost a month now and i could really use some criticism. keep in mind this game is nowhere near finished so there will be bugs. i will take any advice. thank you also, the constant timer counting down is a death timer, if it hits 0, room restarts, keep moving to keep it up. to get back to hub, die to an enemy. there are 2 worlds, fround and ice, 1 has 2 levels, ice one has only 1.

Link
(https://www.mediafire.com/?8bzpp15mckwshy3)

ScreenShot1.PNG ScreenShot2.PNG ScreenShot2.PNG

J

Jordan Robinson

I had a quick play, and I have some feedback (I will ignore the bugs for now since you said you know of them, and focus on gameplay)

For other people who play, the controls I worked out were:
  • A & D = Left / Right
  • Spacebar = Jump
  • P = Shoot / Throw

For me, I found it a bit tricky to shoot a lot of the enemies because they weren't tall enough to be hit with the projectile. I figured out that by holding S and pressing P, he would drop the projectile straight down which could be used as a kind of trap. But perhaps if there was a way to aim, or even if the projectile was just affected by gravity it might make it more flexible and also could open up some other design element options to you as well.

Other than that it plays pretty well. Oh, you might also want to add some way of quitting the game for your demo - I tried a few keys and eventually resorted to forcing it to close with task manager.

Good job so far :)

A

AlphaRedDragon

I had a quick play, and I have some feedback (I will ignore the bugs for now since you said you know of them, and focus on gameplay)

For other people who play, the controls I worked out were:
  • A & D = Left / Right
  • Spacebar = Jump
  • P = Shoot / Throw

For me, I found it a bit tricky to shoot a lot of the enemies because they weren't tall enough to be hit with the projectile. I figured out that by holding S and pressing P, he would drop the projectile straight down which could be used as a kind of trap. But perhaps if there was a way to aim, or even if the projectile was just affected by gravity it might make it more flexible and also could open up some other design element options to you as well.

Other than that it plays pretty well. Oh, you might also want to add some way of quitting the game for your demo - I tried a few keys and eventually resorted to forcing it to close with task manager.

Good job so far :)
Thank you for your reply, I forgot I was messing around with borderlessential window's and left it on. I didn't evend know that you could shoot down, that was a mechanic that I thought didn't even work. Could you let me know of the bugs you found so I could try and fix them