• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Unnamed Ball Game

N

Nibbit99

Hello!
So when programming games I just try to find something that plays nice and feels original. I was kind of happy with an idea of the player having to shoot a little ball into a target, but making it complex. I tried my best to make the game and would like to show it to you and ask for any feedback, ideas or glitches you've found.

Game :
The game is about a colored ball which you have to shoot into a target by bouncing it against walls, but the levels are invisible and the only way to reveal more of the level is to shoot the ball at it.

upload_2018-3-13_19-15-11.png

There are many different triggers and objects you have to use to hit the target.
Here's a complete list of all the objects in game at this point :
- Spikes : which obviously are spikes that kill you.
- Boosts : which boost you in a certain direction.
- Gravity Portals : which invert the gravity direction.
- Portals : which teleport you to other portals.
- Moving Objects : such as walls.
- Bouncy Objects : which bounce you with the same speed you had on impact.
- Links : which are kind of like portals but you can also trigger other objects in between.
- Gravity Tilts : which turn the gravity direction, these can be combined with gravity portals.

Difficulty :
There are 50 levels for now but I plan on making more. The current levels are quite easy to to introduce new objects every 5 levels. Way harder levels are in the works.

Scores :
Currently you can up to 3 stars on every level depending on how fast you completed the level. Getting all 150 stars in game is 100% possible and I have tested it out multiple times. With these stars you can buy (for now) 10 different skins for your ball which change the ingame colors.

Level Select :
The level select displays your stars per level, your best time, tips about new objects and buttons to the skin shop and settings. It also has a level bar on top which tells you the status of every level.

Dark blue = locked,
Light blue = unlocked/playable,
Dark green = 1 star,
Light green = 2 stars,
Gold/yellow = 3 stars.

upload_2018-3-13_19-32-32.png

Settings :
The game also has a settings button which is currently really empty but has a setting for fullscreen mode and resolution.
upload_2018-3-13_19-39-22.png

Upcoming :
- More levels with weird secrets and interesting new obstacles, such as a mirror, this will need you to aim so that both balls hit their target.
- A name for the game.
- Title screen
- More settings
- More skins

I would like for you to try it out and give me feedback on what I can improve on the gameplay, visuals or even descriptions in the help bubbles. I would also like to ask you for a name for the game, since I have been unable to come up with any. If there are any ideas to make the game more original it would be appreciated, Thanks.

Download :
Mediafire : http://www.mediafire.com/file/tt8n8sly4488lct/UnNamedBallGame.zip

Screenshots :
upload_2018-3-13_19-48-22.png

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: