• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Unknown Error...Help

bshadow8

Hello...So I tried to create an android package over and over and it gives me this error...

com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty:compileDebugJavaWithJavac
:com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty:compileDebugJavaWithJavac - is not incremental (e.g. outputs have changed, no previous execution, etc.).
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:80: error: cannot find symbol
if (Gamepad.msMogaDevice == null) {
^
symbol: variable msMogaDevice
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:81: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.addMogaDevice(null);
^
symbol: method addMogaDevice(<null>)
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:84: error: cannot find symbol
if (Gamepad.msMogaDevice != null) {
^
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:85: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.msMogaDevice.onButtonUpdate( ev.getKeyCode(), ev.getAction() == com.bda.controller.KeyEvent.ACTION_DOWN );
^
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:95: error: cannot find symbol
if (Gamepad.msMogaDevice == null) {
^
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:96: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.addMogaDevice(null);
^
symbol: method addMogaDevice(<null>)
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:99: error: cannot find symbol
if (Gamepad.msMogaDevice != null) {
^
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:100: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.msMogaDevice.onAxisUpdate(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_X, ev.getAxisValue(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_X), 2, -1, 1 );
^
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:101: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.msMogaDevice.onAxisUpdate(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_Y, ev.getAxisValue(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_Y), 2, -1, 1 );
^
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:102: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.msMogaDevice.onAxisUpdate(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_Z, ev.getAxisValue(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_Z), 2, -1, 1 );
^
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:103: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.msMogaDevice.onAxisUpdate(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_RZ, ev.getAxisValue(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_RZ), 2, -1, 1 );
^
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:104: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.msMogaDevice.onAxisUpdate(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_LTRIGGER, ev.getAxisValue(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_LTRIGGER), 1, 0, 1 );
^
W:\com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty\src\main\java\com\RedMoonStudio\UrizenFrosty\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:105: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.msMogaDevice.onAxisUpdate(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_RTRIGGER, ev.getAxisValue(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_RTRIGGER), 1, 0, 1 );
^
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
13 errors
:com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty:compileDebugJavaWithJavac FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.RedMoonStudio.UrizenFrosty:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 12.695 secs

Error : Build Failed
Igor complete.

What does this all mean? Can someone help me...I'm guessing it has to do with old gamepad code...?

Littbk

I have the same error!
Anyone can help?

"
W:\com.bkgames.uni_adventures\src\main\java\com\bkgames\uni_adventures\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:104: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.msMogaDevice.onAxisUpdate(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_LTRIGGER, ev.getAxisValue(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_LTRIGGER), 1, 0, 1 );
^
W:\com.bkgames.uni_adventures\src\main\java\com\bkgames\uni_adventures\MogaExtensionAndroid.java:105: error: cannot find symbol
Gamepad.msMogaDevice.onAxisUpdate(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_RTRIGGER, ev.getAxisValue(com.bda.controller.MotionEvent.AXIS_RTRIGGER), 1, 0, 1 );
^
"

bshadow8

I'm using IDE v2.2.2.413, Runtime v2.2.2.326, but now the package is created successfully, but it cannot install the package on my Android NVidia Shield device.

bshadow8

Nah...I tried erasing the moga extension...and still that did not work...I think its an error that was made when carrying over to GMK 2, or I might be wrong...anyhiw try the new beta module that came out...i will soon. Let me know if that works fir you.

pipebkOT

@bshadow8 after adding/deleting a extension you need to always clean the cache of the project, otherwise you get error like that "java:105: error: cannot find symbol"

also, quote from the release notes 2.2.1

• Game Options: Removed the checkbox for MOGA Gamepads from Android, as this is no longer relevant in 2.2.1+ runtimes, as we have changed the gamepad integration
seems like you don't need to use the extension to get moga gamepads to work anymore.

thats why is not in the marketplace anymore.

just check the"use bluetooth gamepad" box in the project options I think

Last edited: