• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Unchain event tabs

Kodiqi

I am finally trying to go from 1.4 -> 2.3 and I have enabled "Workspace chains can overlap" as that suits me better.

However, in GMS 2+ is it possible to set the script editor (object events) windows to be unchained/undocked by default?

I can drag them, one event at a time, so that they are "floating" and unchained from the object info & events. I'd rather not have to do that every time though, even a keyboard shortcut to "float" the current pane (or set of tabs) would be great. Are there any options/shortcuts for this? Thanks.

Kodiqi

Thanks but I wasn't able to find a setting that produced the desired behaviour. In the image below, I have dragged each event into a separate window (green highlight) so I can move it independently from the object info/events (red highlight). This works but i was just wondering if there is a shortcut to achieve this?

Undock Workspace.png

Attachments