• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_YU1' (CHROME)

Kantros

BUILD:
v2.3.1.536

After playing through the game for 30 seconds to a minute I get these errors.

Firefox:
"Unhanded Exception - TypeError: this._av is null in file undefined at line undefined"

Chrome:
"Unhanded Exception - TypeError: Cannot read property '_YU1' of null in file undefined at line undefined"

neither _av or _YU1 are variables in my game. Am I experiencing a GM bug?

DebugOutputFireFox.pngDebugOutputChrome.pngHTMLsettings.png

Tyg

are you sure this._av should not be self._av or just _av...try edit search for _av and see where its coded

Tyg

well this._av is definately a type error and should be self are you useing dnd or code?

Kantros

well this._av is definately a type error and should be self are you useing dnd or code?
thisKeyword.png_av.png_YU1.png

you don't believe me (and I completely understand) I am not using "this" instead of the "self" keyword I am very familiar with GML. (refer to screenshoot)

I believe when things are being compiled down to JavaScript (which does use the 'this' keyword) for use in the browser. There is possibly a compilation bug but I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone has come across this error to confirm this. you will also notice a different (but similar) error when using a different JavaScript runtime (I.E Chrome vs. Firefox)