• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Uncaught reference error ___ is not defined

T

Tommystorm9

I've been making a project and its been working just fine in html5 so far. However, not long ago, it just stopped working. When I look in the console, it gives me this error

Uncaught ReferenceError: _RU is not defined
at _Vh (GameJam.js?NNXZB=1787754744:1213)
at _0X1._l7 [as _S6] (GameJam.js?NNXZB=1787754744:836)
at _0X1._Dk (GameJam.js?NNXZB=1787754744:3582)
at _Oe2._Dk (GameJam.js?NNXZB=1787754744:3464)
at _vv2._Dk (GameJam.js?NNXZB=1787754744:3494)
at _k73 (GameJam.js?NNXZB=1787754744:3931)
at _R63 (GameJam.js?NNXZB=1787754744:3937)
at _x63 (GameJam.js?NNXZB=1787754744:3920)

Just to be clear, it works perfectly fine when not run in a browser.
Could you give me any pointers as to what could cause this issue? I have no idea where
to even start.

Thanks in advance for any help!

chmod777

Try to run in debug mode and recheck the console, as some of the function names may not be obfuscated.

T

Tommystorm9

Try to run in debug mode and recheck the console, as some of the function names may not be obfuscated.
Thanks for the help! It appears that place_empty was the problem. When I comment out that function it works fine.
Do you have any idea for a work around or a fix?

T

Tommystorm9

I doubt place_empty() is the problem, but rather what arguments you give it.
This is the code that I was using

GML:
if (place_empty(x,y,oSword)){
    dalock = false;
}
oSword being an object.

chamaeleon

So I'll backtrack a bit and possibly confirm that place_empty() appears to fail on HTML5 for me as well in my small playground project.
GML:
if (place_empty(400, 400, obj_foo)) {
    show_debug_message("NO ONE HERE");
}
Works and displays the message in Windows, does not work in HTML5 for me.

Bug report time perhaps unless someone else is able to contract this observation.

chmod777

Yes, there's an issue with place_empty in HTML5, when the third argument is specified (the function calls another function that does not exist...).

T

Tommystorm9

Ok, thanks for all your help! I guess i'll just use !place_meeting() then.