uncalled music being played

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by TheBaconMan, Apr 16, 2019.

1. TheBaconMan

TheBaconMan Member

I have my music configured using an array. Until last night, I had 30 tracks, and everything was perfect. I uploaded the rest of the music I plan to use (100 tracks total), and now the music has gone haywire.

Even with removing the music call function, even with removing the part where I declare the tracks to the array, the rooms now call a cacophony of the new music, all being played on top of each other.

As far as I see, the music is 100% not called, but it comes out in a deluge.

I even changed the name of the first track that starts, but nothing changed. It does seem to play the pile of music in the same order, for what it's worth.

Gamemaker 1.4

2. TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko Q&A Spawn Camper Forum Staff Moderator

Try clearing your asset cache.
    [​IMG]

3. TheBaconMan

TheBaconMan Member

I tried it a couple more times. No dice. The music now doesn't start until a enemy kick-sound is called. No game sounds work anymore, actually. The kick sound itself no longer plays...all kinds of music just starts. The names of the sounds are nothing alike, so I am definitely not calling any of the music sounds.

Also, my menu music is now different. So I call a song call "OLAL", and a track I have called "Pheid" plays. The songs are correct if I listen to them out of the music folder.

4. TheBaconMan

TheBaconMan Member

I take it back...plenty of sounds still work as intended. Not the kick one.

When I play OLAL, I am using audio_play_sound(OLAL,0,1);

And it plays something else now. The music that is being played in the game is probably similar...instead of jet engine sounds, it is probably playing music tracks instead now. This would account for all the music that crashes in.

Any ideas why music not called would play when I call other audio? Again, when I go into the music subfolder and examine the audio, all the music is as it should be. Nothing seems to be mixed up in there.

5. TheBaconMan

TheBaconMan Member

I removed 40 of the music tracks and the problem went away. I sure wish I knew the exact reason adding so many music tracks caused the program to fail.