Unboxed is a free and open source extension written in Pascal for GMS2 that allows you to work with files and directories without having to deal with GM's limitations (or features).
Supports Windows, Linux (experiment), MacOS (experiment).
Please note that the Linux version hasn't been tested with GMS2 yet as I don't have a readily Linux system (same goes with MacOS). It was cross-compile from Windows to Linux/MacOS and then tested by calling it's functions via a Linux program running in WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux). Any feedback on these platforms is appreciated
This extension currently supports:
- Handling UTF-16 paths on Windows and UTF-8 paths on Linux/MacOS.
- Copying, renaming, moving and deleting files.
- Creating, renaming, moving and deleting directories.
- Creating, reading and writing UTF-8 text files.
- Searching for files and directories from a given path.
- Get environment variables (there is a GMS equivalent for this function but it's Windows-only).
- Minor update for Unboxed-Code snippets.txt.
- Fixed crash caused by file_text_eof_ue() when reading an invalid file.
- Added Unboxed-Code snippets.txt contains example code for quick testing.
- Fixed memory leak when closing file.
- Fixed minor bugs in file_rename_ue() and directory_rename_ue() functions.
- Added experiment support for Linux and MacOS.
- Minor bugs fixed.
- Public released.