Android Unable to test on Android

N

New_Blerg

I can't seem to test on my Samsung Galaxy S9, I have the android module and all the sdk stuff working. I keep getting this error;

Archive: GameAssetsDROID.zip
inflating: assets/game.yydebug
"C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb" get-state

device
"C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell echo $INTERNAL_STORAGE

"C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell echo $EXTERNAL_STORAGE

/sdcard
"C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb" get-state

device
"C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell echo $INTERNAL_STORAGE

"C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell echo $EXTERNAL_STORAGE

/sdcard
"C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell mkdir -p "/sdcard/GMstudio"

"C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell [ -d /sdcard/GMstudio ] && cd /sdcard/GMstudio; rm -r *;

rm: *: No such file or directory
"C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb" push "C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_15711\PIX\\GameAssetsDROID.zip" /sdcard/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID.zip

[ 16%] /sdcard/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID.zip
[ 32%] /sdcard/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID.zip
[ 48%] /sdcard/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID.zip
[ 64%] /sdcard/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID.zip
[ 81%] /sdcard/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID.zip
[ 97%] /sdcard/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID.zip
[100%] /sdcard/GMstudio/GameAssetsDROID.zip
C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_15711\PIX\\GameAssetsDROID.zip: 1 file pushed. 10.2 MB/s (404443 bytes in 0.038s)
"C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb" push "C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_15711\PIX\\GameDownload.lock" /sdcard/GMstudio/GameDownload.lock

[100%] /sdcard/GMstudio/GameDownload.lock
C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_15711\PIX\\GameDownload.lock: 1 file pushed. 0.0 MB/s (13 bytes in 0.003s)
"C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb" shell cat /system/build.prop

cat: /system/build.prop: Permission denied
FastCreate started: 8:06:15 AM
FastCreate End End: 8:06:15 AM
Compile finished: 8:06:15 AM

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Artwark

First thing is first, have you set you phone to file transfer protocol?

If yes, have you installed the latest SDK and JDK versions? If yes, click check android SDK from Android in preference tab.

If it shows up to date, try cleaning the build and running it on android. If it still doesn't work, try building a different project and see what happens. If it builds successfully, then there is something wrong with the project file.

N

New_Blerg

Thank you so much for your fast response. I tried everything you said but still no luck. I'm worried it's the phone but I'm able to transfer files between my PC and phone just not through game maker 1.4.

E

Etna Pixel

Thank you so much for your fast response. I tried everything you said but still no luck. I'm worried it's the phone but I'm able to transfer files between my PC and phone just not through game maker 1.4.
Set Usb Debug Mode on our phone and install Usb Driver before launch tester.

N

New_Blerg

Thank you for your response but still no luck. It didn't work on my galaxy s7 either.

N

New_Blerg

Absolutely! I'm not sure what to do next, is Dropbox an easier solution? I cant seem to find any tutorials.

Mool

Just Build an APK and then transfer it manual via drag and drop to your phone (like pictures). And install it per hand there.

N

New_Blerg

Thank you, I did that but now I'm getting this issue:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring root project ''.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':classpath'.
> Could not resolve com.android.tools.build:gradle:2.2.0+.
Required by:
project :
> Failed to list versions for com.android.tools.build:gradle.
> Unable to load Maven meta-data from https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml.
> Could not GET 'https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml'.
> Connection reset
> Failed to list versions for com.android.tools.build:gradle.
> Unable to load Maven meta-data from https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml.
> Could not GET 'https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml'.
> Received fatal alert: protocol_version

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 13.27 secs
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"

Lint Build report available at C:\Users\QwertyBlerg\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\PIX\Android\Default\com.companyname.PIX\build\outputs\lint-results.html
Create finished: 9:53:26 AM