• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Unable to start the daemon process?

Hi,

Trying to compile a very simple test project (just one room with a single object drawing the text "test" on the screen, works fine in Windows) onto my Android device. The device is found by GM:S and the test-connection works fine.

But I get an error when trying to compile:

Code:
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Unable to start the daemon process.
This problem might be caused by incorrect configuration of the daemon.
For example, an unrecognized jvm option is used.
Please refer to the user guide chapter on the daemon at https://docs.gradle.org/3.1/userguide/gradle_daemon.html
Please read the following process output to find out more:
-----------------------
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 2621440KB object heap
What is causing this? How can I fix it? I did update the Android SDK, but not NDK + JDK. Not really sure how to update the latter ones (or should I just uninstall and download it again?). If someone could tell me, I'd appreciate it.

C

Cxiaodong

I also encountered the same problem, have you solved it?

C

Cxiaodong

我解决了这个问题,请检查您的JDK是x86还是x64,具体取决于您的Windows系统