• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Unable to open ANY config file; pre-created (such as the "default") config or ones I made myself.

D

Devix167

Before anyone gets mad at me:
I don't know how forums work!
ALSO
I know GMS2 is still pretty new (beta and release).
ANOTHER ALSO
I didn't know what prefix to choose, so don't get mad at me.

Anyways, back to what I was posting for...

When I TRY to open a config file in the configurations folder in the thingy-doohicky-mabobber where the objects and sprites are stored, the project saves...
help me gms2.png
Please help me!

D

Devix167

My install just updated, perhaps this will fix the issue.

D

Devix167

Nope, did not fix it.

Edit: sorry, didnt mean to double-post! :oops:

sylvain_l

I thing you misunderstand how it works.

It's not going to open any tab, dialog or edit windows when you select a different configuration. (configuration is done through the options, etc...); the configuration tree just allow you to handle different version of those things.

just an example basic example:
select your default configuration have your game options - main dialog open; put your name in the author field. valid.
now create a sub-config (right click on the tree default > Add... and called it "the test" configuration), select "the test" config (ie double-click on it)
now in the game options - main dialog edit the author name put "testname" in it for example. and valid.
now if you select (double click) back your default config, the author field should display back your name, select "the test" config, the author is back to "testname".

D

Devix167

HOLY CRAP IM STUPID XD

Thank you so much! I was trying to make a game about finding secrets by editing the configs, but I guess I can't :(

Anyways, finally someone helped me! Thank you so much!