Windows Unable to install GMS2 - Win X

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Karlstens, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Karlstens

Karlstens Member

Hey fam,

After installing and running GMS2 on my new WinX PC for about a week, I've found today that it won' t run.

I attempted a reinstall via GameMakerStudio-Installer-2.2.4.444, which installs without error, however there is no resulting ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2 folder, and the application launch silently crashes without any response after clicking the desktop icon.

I've done a complete GMS2 regedit & appdata folder clean up, and have also cleared C++ Redistributable files, and uninstalled/reinstalled .NET 3.5... still no go.

What next?

2. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Is your new machine a laptop or a desktop?
    The quickest thing to test would be to follow this guide and try running the IDE using the mesa driver and see if that works.
    If that works then look at making sure (a) Your GPU supports DX11 and (b) You are using the latest drivers for your GPU.

If that doesn't work, then:
    Make sure all devices have drivers installed in Device Manager and are using up to date drivers.
    Make sure Windows is up to date via Windows Update.
    Disable any antivirus, system protection / monitoring software that might be interfering with the installation or locking / blocking files and folders and try again.

Check this article and if you still have the same issue, check if a ui.log file is created and if so file it with a ticket to the Helpdesk.

Karlstens likes this.
  3. Karlstens

Karlstens Member

I think the issue was due to Mobile internet connectivity. Once I got back to my wireless at home everything installed and worked OK.

rIKmAN likes this.