• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Unable to Find Game Error - Since Using YYC Build.

RyanC

Hi Guy's,

Since using the YYC compiler and downloading my app from the play store I get an error message that says: Unable to find game!!: /data/data/com.company.game/files/game.droid

I think it may be to do with this bug report that has been fixed in a later version of GMS 1.4
https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=0029062

Anyone know if this bug report is the reason for this?

I'm using vsersion 1.4.1773 as anything later than this lags my game due to the new time-framing by V-sync update.

When I compile an apk without the expansion pack the game runs fine but then I cannot upload to Google Play or it no longer finds the game!

Last edited:

RyanC

Anyone able to help me out on this one?

This is really disappointing. I'm having to release my app with all the gml bug checking running over the top and reducing quality and fps.

rIKmAN

So basically YYC doesn't work and there's no help coming!
The bug report you linked says it's fixed in 1803+, but you don't want to use a version past 1773 due to the v-sync stuff so...

Have you tried 1803+ and see if it fixes the "Unable to find game" error? (ignoring the lag for the time being)

RyanC

The bug report you linked says it's fixed in 1803+, but you don't want to use a version past 1773 due to the v-sync stuff so...

Have you tried 1803+ and see if it fixes the "Unable to find game" error? (ignoring the lag for the time being)
Thanks for the reply mate!

I haven't tried uploading an 1803+ YYC build. I only just managed to rollback GM without un-installing by opting into the stable beta for 1773 through steam which was really lucky so I don't want to risk it.

Is there anyone that knows a little more about the YYC expansion update? the docs are vague. I tried changing the file name of the zip archive to match the APK but no joy.

In both cases my game will not benefit from a performance boost. I'm shocked that they would change something so massive like v-sync so late in the development cycle!

rIKmAN

Thanks for the reply mate!

I haven't tried uploading an 1803+ YYC build. I only just managed to rollback GM without un-installing by opting into the stable beta for 1773 through steam which was really lucky so I don't want to risk it.

Is there anyone that knows a little more about the YYC expansion update? the docs are vague. I tried changing the file name of the zip archive to match the APK but no joy.

In both cases my game will not benefit from a performance boost. I'm shocked that they would change something so massive like v-sync so late in the development cycle!
You can install different versions of GMS through Steam and standalone, so if you have Steam at 1773, grab 1803+ as the standalone and install that.
They don't affect each other and install to different locations so there is no issue having them installed together.

I haven't used 1.4 since around 1760-1767 so I can't help too much, I just wanted to try and help as you'd had no reply to your OP in a couple of weeks.

W

Wraithious

You said you are using an expansion pack, so im just wondering did you update both the game and the expansion file? (The new game's version number must be the same as the version number of thr expansion file which gets imbedded in it when you press create executble for target) The docs say you must create your apk, and an expansion.zip will be created, then submit both on google play and make sure to delete the old expansion file on google play first. (Also they changed where to find it, its the little + button now in the lower right corner of the upload new apk dialog box)

RyanC

You said you are using an expansion pack, so im just wondering did you update both the game and the expansion file? (The new game's version number must be the same as the version number of thr expansion file which gets imbedded in it when you press create executble for target) The docs say you must create your apk, and an expansion.zip will be created, then submit both on google play and make sure to delete the old expansion file on google play first. (Also they changed where to find it, its the little + button now in the lower right corner of the upload new apk dialog box)
Yes, I always upload the new expansion file with the matching version number, then let the old apk's be deactivated instead of clicking "retain".

I've also noticed that the path to the assets folder in the expansion zip is different in YYC then it is in VM

VM build: game_name/assets
YYC build: game_name-assets/scr/main/assets

Changing this path to match the VM path before uploading to Google Play fixed the issue but then no sound was available in game perhaps due to re-compressing the zipper folder and adding compression to the OGG files. So removing the folders scr/main worked. Just need to know how to re-zip the folder without adding compression to the sound files.

Last edited: