• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Unable to find audio resource error

G

Geider Meriño

Hello Game maker community, My name is Geider I am from Colombia, I´d like to know if someone can help me
with an error I´m receiving when compiling or creating APK, the error is this one:

Compile error in around line 0: unable to find audio resource-using defoult sound (windows ding)
Compile error in around line 0: unable to find audio resource-using defoult sound (windows ding)

the error appears 4 times.
there are some images of the error and compile attached,

I will appreciate your help, this my first game and its alredy finished, I just need to export the apk.

the NDK, SDK Keystore and JDK are ok.

Attachments

Genetix

Do you use any system cleaning software, like ccleaner? I've accidentally deleted local folder and files of my projects with tools like that before. If you know which specific audio file is missing, can you find that file inside of your projects audio folder, and possibly replace it if not?

I

icuurd12b42

There's a version of studio that constantly looses the sound reference. open every sound resource and re-add the sound to it (if the play button does not play the sound). the original sound file should still be in the sounds sub folder in your project.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
There's a version of studio that constantly looses the sound reference.
Is there a version that doesn't? LOL

OK, I'm exaggerating. It isn't a constant problem for me. It only happens occasionally. But it happens with every version of Studio I've used (including the latest stable version). Fortunately, it's not difficult to fix, using the procedure you suggested.

It puzzles me why this only seems to happen with audio files. Not with other resources.

G

Geider Meriño

Do you use any system cleaning software, like ccleaner? I've accidentally deleted local folder and files of my projects with tools like that before. If you know which specific audio file is missing, can you find that file inside of your projects audio folder, and possibly replace it if not?
Thank you Genetrix for answering, Currently I don´t have any cleaning software and I have checked all the audio files are in the Audio folder of the project.

G

Geider Meriño

Is there a version that doesn't? LOL

OK, I'm exaggerating. It isn't a constant problem for me. It only happens occasionally. But it happens with every version of Studio I've used (including the latest stable version). Fortunately, it's not difficult to fix, using the procedure you suggested.

It puzzles me why this only seems to happen with audio files. Not with other resources.
Thanks for answering, I´m still having the issue and I verified all the audio files I´m using in the project are inside the Audio folder.

G

Geider Meriño

There's a version of studio that constantly looses the sound reference. open every sound resource and re-add the sound to it (if the play button does not play the sound). the original sound file should still be in the sounds sub folder in your project.
Thank you for your help I will try that.

GMWolf

aka fel666
Quick tip:
click on the + Quote button in each post you want to reply to.
upload_2016-8-5_22-24-34.png
This will add them to your 'quote repertoire'
the click Insert Quotes when edditing a post
upload_2016-8-5_22-25-39.png
and click Quote these messages.
upload_2016-8-5_22-26-41.png

This will allow you to quote multiple messages at once. and avoid illegally bumping your thread multiple times in a row :)

Actually, The GM:S IDE being consistent in its behaviour would be more puzzling to me...

G

Geider Meriño

Hello My friend, I want to thank all of you who helped me, specially yours, I fixed, that was the error, there were sound files i was not using in the project but they were in the audio subfolder, so your anwer was rigth, I aprecciate very much your help,
Thank you so much, I´ve create the APK.

G

Geider Meriño

Thank you Genetrix for answering, Currently I don´t have any cleaning software and I have checked all the audio files are in the Audio folder of the project.
Thank you Genetrix for your help I fixed the problem with the icuurd12b42 suggestion.

G

Geider Meriño

Hello My friend, I want to thank all of you who helped me, specially yours, I fixed, that was the error, there were sound files i was not using in the project but they were in the audio subfolder, so your anwer was rigth, I aprecciate very much your help,
Thank you so much, I´ve create the APK.
Now when I try to open or install the App on my phone, it says "File can not be open" maybe I made some mistake when I set up global game settings or something like that.

Attachments

A

AnonyMouse

Hah, yesterday some of my sounds were muted I when I checked them they were empty and that is not for the first time. I decided I missed to load them but was sure I did :D So it was not my fault. :)