• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Unable to download tutorials from the MarketPlace

RowdyCoder

Hi All,

I am unable to download any of the tutorials located in the market place while in GMS2. However, I can download and install the official tutorials that are directly accessible within GMS2.

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:

*Inside GMS2*
1. Marketplace > Open Marketplace

*Marketplace tab*
1. New for GameMaker Studio 2> Yo Yo Platform (tutorial)
2. Yo Yo Platform > Add to Account (Free)
3. Eula Agreement > I have read and agree to this EULA

After step three the page just sits there. At this point, no indication of a download at all. It's almost as if the link isn't pointing to anything.

Has this happen to anyone else or can you reproduce this too? I want to make sure it's not just me.

Thanks!

I am also unable to download the tutorials. I tried to do it once I opened GMS2, clicking Tutorials (under Explore) and the clicking the download icon that appears in each of the Official tutorials (i.e. My First Game - D&D, etc.). When I then click on the open icon (once the tutorial is moved to Owned) I get an open dialog box that opens to:

Users>User Name>Documents>GameMakerStudio2

But the folder is empty. it appears nothing was downloaded. If I click View In Marketplace and try to download from there, clicking Download simply returns me to the Start page.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I am also unable to download the tutorials. I tried to do it once I opened GMS2, clicking Tutorials (under Explore) and the clicking the download icon that appears in each of the Official tutorials (i.e. My First Game - D&D, etc.). When I then click on the open icon (once the tutorial is moved to Owned) I get an open dialog box that opens to:

Users>User Name>Documents>GameMakerStudio2

But the folder is empty. it appears nothing was downloaded. If I click View In Marketplace and try to download from there, clicking Download simply returns me to the Start page.
It's asking you where to save the new project which will be created for this tutorial. Go ahead and give it a name, then click the Save button. Your tutorial will now be created and opened.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
As for the EULA issue, do you guys get this a second time if you try to download that demo/tutorial again? We've noticed this a couple of times when server traffic is high (such as last night), but clicking the download button for that demo/tutorial a second time should carry on with the download, now the EULA has been accepted.

Reactions: Ubu
It's asking you where to save the new project which will be created for this tutorial. Go ahead and give it a name, then click the Save button. Your tutorial will now be created and opened.
Ugh! I feel like an idiot. That worked.

Having said that, this is a strange way to go about things, imo. There are two buttons when the tutorial has been moved to Owned. One is Open and the other is View on Marketplace. My assumption is that open actually opens a file and, thus, the dialog that opens. Of course, I should have read the button, which is clearly marked "Save" and not "Open". I think the Open button should be renamed to Save or Save to Disk, etc.

Download from Marketplace was not working for me, though. Or it is not working as expected. Clicking Download brings me back to the Start page (perhaps to click the Open button there to actually save the file?).