• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Unable to download my .exe game application

D

Drey Day

So I just finished creating my game, and I converted it into an application available for download. I made it into both an installer file and a .exe file, just like the Studio provided. However, after I uploaded it to the indie game website, I tried to download it but all I got was a message saying "The publisher of [my game] couldn't be verified." And then after I tried to open the file, all it did was open a window asking me "which program do I want to open my file with?" I opened Game Maker Studio, thinking that would make the most sense, but nothing happened, and the game I downloaded was not there.

All I want to do is have my game I posted online able to be downloaded! Does anybody here have a clue as to what's going on?

The-any-Key

Seems like the upload missfired.
Try again or test upload it on itch.io

Note that most browsers will give you a warning that your file may contain virus. Because your game may have a unusual name. Try rename it to setup.exe. But this is a common problem.

And when you try run it you will get another virus warning from the op. If you use Windows 8 or above. Click the more info link and run anyway.