• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Unable to convert project to executable ( exe )

PsalmVN

I bought the license but when I click on "create executable" to convert my project into an executable it shows the error message " Packages can not be built for the selected platform", what should I do now?

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
Try logging out and logging back in to refresh your license details:

(GMS2 will automatically restart after you click log out and prompt you to log in again)

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
What is your selected export target? Which export targets are available to you? (Upper right corner of the IDE)

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Show us a screenshot of what you set the export target to. Make sure to include the other available export options as well.

I am having the same issue. I tried logging out. I exited and restarted. I even rebooted and started fresh. I still get the same error.
When I try to set the target (via the icon in the upper right), it doesn't show anything and doesn't let me try to add a target. See attached file.

Thanks!

Attachments

PsalmVN

I am having the same issue. I tried logging out. I exited and restarted. I even rebooted and started fresh. I still get the same error.
When I try to set the target (via the icon in the upper right), it doesn't show anything and doesn't let me try to add a target. See attached file.

Thanks!
It looks like you are using a trial version of Game maker studio 2, please buy a license to be able to publish

Last edited by a moderator:
I stand corrected. It looks like it just expired yesterday. I was expecting a notification of some kind that it was about to expire. I will renew it. Thanks for the response.