• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Unable To Connect To Mac

Hello1423

To develop for IOS I connected my windows game maker studio 2 to my mac ages ago, and have been using it successfully ever since, until recently. I wanted to try my game on a different phone, which was on a newer version of ios, so I had to update Xcode. After doing that, testing the connection in game maker always fails. My computer is able to ping my mac successfully and share files. I have also tried the connection while my firewall was turned off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

rIKmAN

To develop for IOS I connected my windows game maker studio 2 to my mac ages ago, and have been using it successfully ever since, until recently. I wanted to try my game on a different phone, which was on a newer version of ios, so I had to update Xcode. After doing that, testing the connection in game maker always fails. My computer is able to ping my mac successfully and share files. I have also tried the connection while my firewall was turned off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Is Remote Debugging enabled on the Mac?
What version of GMS?
What version of xCode did you upgrade to and what version of iOS does the other phone have on it - ie. are they supported?

Hello1423

I'm not sure what remote debugging is, searching my mac for that doesn't come up with anything.

In game maker, the top right says IDE v2.1.5.322 Runtime v2.1.5.246

I am now using Xcode version 9.4.1, and it recognizes both phones. To be clear, I am not having a problem putting the app on my phone once it reaches Xcode, I am having a problem connecting game maker to my mac in orde to update the app in Xcode.

rIKmAN

I'm not sure what remote debugging is, searching my mac for that doesn't come up with anything.

In game maker, the top right says IDE v2.1.5.322 Runtime v2.1.5.246

I am now using Xcode version 9.4.1, and it recognizes both phones. To be clear, I am not having a problem putting the app on my phone once it reaches Xcode, I am having a problem connecting game maker to my mac in orde to update the app in Xcode.
Sorry, I meant Remote Access / Remote Login - not Remote Debugging.

It's outlined under the "Final Steps" section near the bottom of this guide: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753538-Develop-And-Distribute-To-Mac-OS-X

Next, enable remote login via System Preferences > Sharing as shown in the image below:

rIKmAN

It says "Connection to 192.168.1.12 Failed"
Yeah I got that when Remote Login was disabled, or when I was using the wrong Username / Password.

What username are you using?
I posted details in this post a while ago which username to use as I also used the wrong one to start with when setting it up back then.

Hello1423

Wow I changed my username and it worked, how in the world then was it working before? I haven't even gotten close to changing my username or anything like that. Thanks a bunch.

rIKmAN

Wow I changed my username and it worked, how in the world then was it working before? I haven't even gotten close to changing my username or anything like that. Thanks a bunch.
I guess you dreamt about it? :D

No problem, glad it's working now!