• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Linux Unable to connect to Linux pc

B

Big_Macca_101

I've installed all required and even done multiple installs of Ubuntu Linux from version 14.04.5 to 16.04, I can test connections perfectly fine but as soon as I go to test my game I receive the following error...

Anyone else having this issue?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I suspect you will need to create the ~/.ssh directory by hand on the target machine, this has been fixed in the next public release but is in the current public version... Apologies for this.

Russell

chubigans

I suspect you will need to create the ~/.ssh directory by hand on the target machine, this has been fixed in the next public release but is in the current public version... Apologies for this.

Russell
I am also having this problem, so I created the directory manually and get a "Is a Directory" error:

Untitled-1.png

Using Ubuntu 14.04, dedicated machine, cleared SSH keys and get successful test connection, double checked all updates needed in the YoYo blog post.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I did not say create the directory ~/.ssh/authorized_keys as that is a file, you just need to create the ~/.ssh directory and the file will created in situ.

To fix this now you should do the command

rm ~/.ssh/authorized_keys

and rerun from within GameMaker Studio 2

Russell

B

Big_Macca_101

Russell
Thanks, this worked perfectly!