• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Demo [uiZ] Windows 3.1 made in uiz in game maker

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
Hi there,
Thank you for taking your time to look at this demo of uiZ.
uiZ is now out and available at: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/4821/uiz-ultimate-gui-framework

I'm very happy to show you my first demo of uiZ in which I tried to recreate windows 3.1.
Now, this particular projects is meant to show what uiZ can do, as a proof of concept and it's not how to create the most beautiful looking ui nor is it about 100% precisely recreating windows 3.1.

Anyways here is a link to test out the html5 version: https://tthecreator.itch.io/uiz-show
The source code is available to anyone who also owns the uiZ asset.

What can be done with uiz?

Good question? Well, about every gui thing imaginable. It has a lot of systems for placing objects in a very scalable way. It these are some of the systems included:
- A load of default objects (Buttons, lists, string input boxes);
- A complete placement and scaling system with multiple data types;
- Animations. Also advanced animations that allows you to combine functions;
- Templates for you to use;
- Mouse menu system;
- Scrollbar system;
- Slideable bars;
- Windows;
- Frames;
- Framesets (html alike);
- Grids;
- Other frame structures;
- A visual designer;
- Some great tutorials on how to use uiz, manipulate it and even how to create your own objects;
- Great documentation;
- 566 scripts;
- 155 objects;(Just numbers to get an idea of the size of the asset, you won't be needing every single one.)
- Global systems for modifying objects. (e.g. systems for managing borders and backgrounds on objects, etc...)
- Support from me if you think something is missing, something isn’t working or if you don’t understand something;
-the list goes on...

Here's a screenshot:
upload_2016-11-12_19-44-18.png

Last edited:
K

Kahvana

It's very neat!, but doesn't always respond or has input lag. But, win 3.1 suffered the same problem so it should be fine xD.