Windows TYPE Z (An Arcade Typing Based Shooter)

A

adval25

Hey everyone,

I've just completed my second game. It's called TYPE Z. It's basically like Typing of the Dead, but in case if you haven't played the game, here's a quick run-down of what my game is:

You move the crosshair left or right with the LEFT or RIGHT arrow keys. When you settle on top of an enemy you want to shoot, type in "AIM" and press ENTER. Then you will have to type in a prompt that is displayed at the top of the screen and you will press ENTER once more. If you're successful, you'll blow that zombo to smithereens!

Make sure you "RELOAD" often. You don't want to get caught in a sticky situation with an empty clip.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8d4aif79noo4vf/TYPE Z Ver 2.rar?dl=0

Let me know what you guys think.

If you wanna check more stuff out you can visit my website:
http://www.sonicapegames.com

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
This is pretty good. I've never seen a typing practice program that was actually fun to play -- so this may be the first one. The pacing of the game is good, and the sounds and music give a sense of urgency. You've got some good zombie sound effects too.

I'm a fairly good typist so I was able to kill lots of zombies, although I didn't try to finish the game. But I got some practice typing "I see dead people", and "braains". Although at one point, the same message showed up 3-4 times in a row: "oh hi mark". Not sure what that's all about. Probably just random chance.;)

Overall, this is reasonably fun for a typing practice program. Clever idea, and nice job.

A

adval25

This is pretty good. I've never seen a typing practice program that was actually fun to play -- so this may be the first one. The pacing of the game is good, and the sounds and music give a sense of urgency. You've got some good zombie sound effects too.

I'm a fairly good typist so I was able to kill lots of zombies, although I didn't try to finish the game. But I got some practice typing "I see dead people", and "braains". Although at one point, the same message showed up 3-4 times in a row: "oh hi mark". Not sure what that's all about. Probably just random chance.;)

Overall, this is reasonably fun for a typing practice program. Clever idea, and nice job.
Thanks man! I totally appreciate it when people like you take the time to review my games.

Also, "Oh hi mark" is not from a zombie movie. It's from the hilariously bad, cult classic, "The Room". :p