Tweeting the GM:S Manual

Mercerenies

So the GM:S manual runs as a local server on my machine and then opens in my browser, it seems. That's pretty neat, and it's a nice way to get the browser's good rendering engine working for you for free.

Now, I tend to be more of a privacy-focused individual, so I've got my browser pretty locked down. And when I access the GM:S help manual, it tries to ping twitter.com (specifically, platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.(some long string of digits).html) and also tries to access 21 third party cookies from Twitter. My browser automatically blocks all those requests, and it's nice that the page still works without them. But I feel like I should say something, because it seems a bit odd. I don't feel like my help manual (which is, again, running on my own machine locally and shouldn't even be using Internet access) should be trying to ping a social platform and allowing that platform to run its own widget. Is there a legitimate reason for this, because from a consumer privacy perspective it's somewhat concerning to me?

saffeine

i'll be honest, i don't have a clue about much of any of this, but i decided to take a quick look at the manual and there's a button on the bottom right that lets you post to facebook + twitter.
maybe that's related somehow? i don't really know what use that would really have, and maybe you've already seen it, but i figured i'd bring attention to it just in case. again, no clue about anything.

that's about it for the what, as for the why, your guess is as good as mine. it's probably a question for @Nocturne or someone that works closely with the manual.