Windows Tusker's Number Adventure [Malware Detected]

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by DigiChain, May 16, 2019.

1. DigiChain

DigiChain Member

Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this project for a little while now and thought I’d share it with you. It’s my first proper game made with GMS and has been quite a learning experience!

TEASER TRAILER:

THE GAME:

Tusker's Number Adventure is a unique adventure/puzzle experience, featuring simulated software glitches, malware alerts and unauthorised file transfers!

The game begins as a cutesy educational game for young children - but as you play it becomes apparent that all is not as it seems. Starting out with a series of simple tasks (collecting blackberries and apples for a fruit pie, delivering slices of pie to the villagers etc) things quickly take a more sinister turn and your personal data files are soon put at risk!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've still got a fair bit of work ahead of me... but I’d love to hear what people think of the project so far.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  2. Deadly Serious Media

Deadly Serious Media Member

This looks fun! I love the creepy vibe of this.

The Sorcerer likes this.
  3. The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer Member

Very unique concept. Loving the look of this one! :cool:

4. DigiChain

DigiChain Member

[​IMG]

UPDATE:
    The Steam page for the game is now up and running:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1063240/Tuskers_Number_Adventure_Malware_Detected/

I’m happy to say it’s actually getting a handful of people wishlisting it daily - so pleased to see it’s generating a little bit of interest!

There’s still a way to go with development yet though… and I’m unsure exactly how the game story should end!
    Note to self: Next time nail down the story completely before starting development!

Also wondering what I should be doing (if anything) to start marketing the game. Any tips?

5. Toque

Toque Member

It appears as a kids game but takes a dark shift. Looks interesting. Funny Tusker has no tusks.

6. JON213

JON213 Member

That music makes me uncomfortable...

7. nacho_chicken

nacho_chicken Member

Definitely get in touch with Youtubers and offer free codes for your game. Horror indie games especially live and die based off word of mouth.

8. DigiChain

DigiChain Member

Haha you're right! I hadn't even realised that!

Thanks for the advice. The game is actually more of an adventure/puzzle game with a dark twist so not sure how interested Youtubers would be in it.