• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Turn off Obfuscating on html5 export

chamaeleon

Not besides running in debug mode, as far as I know. And unless I'm mistaken that only relates to your event and script code, not the gms runtime (but I have not looked deeper into that).

Roldy

Not besides running in debug mode, as far as I know. And unless I'm mistaken that only relates to your event and script code, not the gms runtime (but I have not looked deeper into that).
I believe this is true. AFAIK the purpose of obfuscation not only helps protect your product but also protects GMS and its HTML export. Being able to disable it completely would defeat that. Of course obfuscation offers limited protection in both cases and if you really want to decompile/deobfuscate it, you can, with effort.

But I may be wrong. Perhaps someone can provide a source with a definitive answer.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

If they didn't obfuscate the HTML5 runner they might as well make GMS open source while they are at it.

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
You can compile the HTML5 game in debug mode and then navigate to the local source files (find the location in Preferences).

Edit the main JavaScript file and set debugMode = true to debugMode = false