Game Mechanics Turn-Based Tactical RPG Project: Ability Idea Roundup (STILL ACCEPTING)

Greetings. I am currently working on a turn-based tactical RPG project, inspired by XCOM and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and am seeking ideas for abilities that different heroes can utilize.

BEFORE POSTING: Let me tell you how the combat system works so that you get a better understanding of what abilities to suggest.

Combat takes place on a 2d grid map in which heroes can freely move and target cells on the map. There are a squad of 3, 4, or 5 heroes that the player will select before the battle starts. Each squad member has a maximum of 3 actions per turn: Movement, Attack, and Ability. In the Movement phase, heroes can move to another cell on the map and can collide into enemies and bounce off of allies to boost their area of movement as they choose their destination. Each hero has one attack type that can attack either a single target or deal splash damage. Each character's weapon has a precision rate, which determines the default percent chance that the hero will score a hit (given that the target is not hiding behind cover). With each weapon, there is a range of normal damage, critical hit damage, status effect, and critical hit chance. With that being mentioned, Abilities are something extra that the player can perform. But, before I delve in to the abilities, I will discuss the cast of characters in the project.

I am aiming to create 100+ different characters for the player to collect in their Player Inventory to use for the combat system. Each character has a class, which determines a majority of their behaviors, weapons, status effects, abilities, among other things. An example would be PLANT (more prone to Fire effects and water spots in the map can heal it), WIZARD (has two abilities), and other classes. Feel free to suggest more classes. HOWEVER, some abilities can be reused for other characters.

I already have a list of abilities below that are already included:
  • Hyper Sight (attack moving enemies in your attack range and line of sight)
  • Conceal (prevent enemies from targeting it)
  • Fasten (increase area of movement)
  • Weaken (decrease damage that enemies deal)
  • Shield (reduce weapon and movement damage)
  • Accuracy Drain (reduces precision rate)
  • Range Bonus (grants a 2-cell bonus to attack range)
  • Heal (replenishes a percentage of Max HP)
  • Hide (deploy destructible buckle cover)
  • Quick Attack (grant an extra Attack action with less damage)
  • Quick Move (grant an extra Movement action with a smaller area of movement)
  • Protect (absorb damage of allies in range)
  • Wager (A coin flip on whether to increase attack damage by 50% or decrease attack damage by 50%)
  • Power Plus (increase attack power)
  • Paralyze (immobilizes enemies in range and can be brought back with an attack)
  • Lucky Shot (guarantees critical hit)
  • Lure (attract enemies toward you)
  • Frighten (scares enemies away from you)
  • Deflect (Reduces weapon damage and directs it back to the attacker)
  • Mystery Effect (grants the ability to randomly select another status effect on its next attack)
  • Bad Luck (reduces enemy precision and makes enemies prone to not optimal movement decisions)
  • Twister Chase (spawns a tornado to chase an enemy and blast lightning on it)
  • An ability that increases the splash damage range of one's next attack.

I am hoping to get at least 10-20 suggestions for the project. If you supply a suggestion, I will give credit to you in the ending credits. Also, character classes are also welcome, so if you have an idea, I encourage you to suggest it.

If you have any more questions about the project or are having confusions or feeling unclear about the combat system, let me know.

Thank you.

- NanoSharkProductions.

Toque

Boy you already have a lot.

Invisibility.

Bounce. Attack bounces back to hit opponent doing it.

X2. You get extra attack.

Heal. Turns opponents attack to healing.

Lightening strike.

Help. A “friend” comes in and attacks to.

Love. Opponent falls in love comes close easy attack.

Ground shake. Oppenent falls down.

Steal. Take opponents shield or weapon.

Transpose. Transpose behind enemy for sneak attack.

Bees. Sting attack.

Age. Spell to increase age of enemy.

Speed. Increase speed of attack or game speeds up.

Magnet. Steals sword.

Rain. Storm. Decrease visibility.

Snow ice. Freeze enemy.

Animal controller. You can command animals to attack.

Time control. You can bring back ancient warriors.

You can bring future warriors to attack.

Chef Food that’s poison.

Sleep. Falls asleep.

Tooth fairy rips out a molar.

Beer. Drunk effect.

Lava attack.

Pillow fight.

Rope. Chains. Ties them up.

Ok. Sorry for repeats and really bad ones!!!!

Hey, Toque! Thank you for the suggestions! I now have added per your help:

Recruit: recruit another hero into combat.

Resurrect: bring a fallen ally that has run out of health in the current battle back to life with 50% HP.

Some of the other ideas you provided were something that I have already implemented, such as Quick Attack (2X), Lure (Love), Deflect (Bounce).

Again, thank you!