• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Turn back on the "confirm" box?

Dan1

Hey everyone,

Bit of an odd one and sorry if this isn't the right place to post it (but it's not really a technical issue so I wasn't sure where else to put it) but...

So, you know when you delete an event and it says "are you sure?" and shows you the "yes/no" dialogue box - I said "yes" once and ticked the "don't ask me again" too... but as my project gets bigger I'm concerned I'm gonna accidentally press that delete key and wipe out an event so, to be sure, I wanna bring that dialogue box back - but I don't know which option or preference this is? Can you help?

Much appreciated :)
Dan

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hi there! I suspect you are thinking of a different Confirm message that you've dismissed, as (afaik) there isn't one for deleting an event! However, you can undo this change by going to the preferences and checking each section that has a "Confirm" sub-section. Those sub-sections relate to the different dialogues that can be dismissed and you can reset any that are changed there.

Ace Catel

Hi there! I suspect you are thinking of a different Confirm message that you've dismissed, as (afaik) there isn't one for deleting an event! However, you can undo this change by going to the preferences and checking each section that has a "Confirm" sub-section. Those sub-sections relate to the different dialogues that can be dismissed and you can reset any that are changed there.
Hello, I think I accidentally clicked the box for "don't ask me again" when deleting Scripts.
I tried looking for the Confirm Dialog Box for it, but I cannot find it. Do you know how I can turn on the warnings again? It would be pretty scary if I accidentally delete something vital.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Hello, I think I accidentally clicked the box for "don't ask me again" when deleting Scripts.
I tried looking for the Confirm Dialog Box for it, but I cannot find it. Do you know how I can turn on the warnings again? It would be pretty scary if I accidentally delete something vital.
Go to File > Preferences > Object Editor > Confirm Dialogs and change the dropdown value for Automatic choice on event deletion to Show Message.

Next time, start your own thread instead of hijacking one from 2019.

Ace Catel

Go to File > Preferences > Object Editor > Confirm Dialogs and change the dropdown value for Automatic choice on event deletion to Show Message.

Next time, start your own thread instead of hijacking one from 2019.
Sorry, that was a bad move of mine! And thank you!