• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Trying to renew a certificate for Mac distribution ARGH

P

pandateam

If anyone can help with this I'd be delighted - I'm confused about how to renew a certificate for a mac build - I followed the yoygames guide to creating a mac build (to put on itch, not the app store) last year and it worked fine, but the certificate's run out now and I can't work out how to renew it. Looking at this guide - https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753538-Develop-And-Distribute-To-Mac-OS-X - it all makes sense until the Keychain Access 'Request a ceritficate from a cetificate authority' part, where it wants to know who I'll email with the request, and I don't know what I'm doing with that.

Has mac distribution changed now GM's split into windows and mac building versions? On the apple developer site if I try to go to Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles it says
'Access Unavailable
This resource is only for developers enrolled in a developer program or members of an organization’s team in a developer program.'
So is it impossible to make mac builds now unless you pay the app store developer fee (of £79)?

Sorting out mac builds is honestly more opaque and frustrating than any part of coding my whole game :/ Any help very gratefully received