• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Steam troubles with understanding steam achievement coding

F

fabstab

I've been having trouble understanding just how to implement steam achievements..

I've been looking at this guide steam provides:
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/achievements/ach_guide

I already designed and setup all my achievements on my steamworks page that's under the app admin page.. But there's a lot of info on the above guide that I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be using. I also don't understand where I would be using everything outlined in the above link. There's encapsulating achievements, callbacks etc. and I'm not sure what I need to be using or even where...

Ironically I have a "die 10 times" achievement".. And in the yoyo games documentation / help manual they have this exact example..

if hp <= 0
{
global.Deaths += 1;
if global.Deaths == 10
{
if !steam_get_achievement("ach_Player_Dies_Ten_Times") steam_set_achievement("ach_Player_Dies_Ten_Times");
}
}

Is it as simple as putting that in a step code after setting up the achievements in the steamworks admin pages? My game is done, uploaded, approved etc. This was the last step and for some reason I can't get a grasp on how to or where to implement the achievement data other than on the game maker end of things, with code I'm familiar with like above.