• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam Troubles With Steam Cloud and Leaderboards

helpleo

Hello everyone! I have been putting the final touches on my first project, In Extremis, thats is bound to be released by the end of the month on Steam. But I am having some issues regarding the Steam resources, especially Cloud and Leaderboards; there is also barely any material about it online, be it on forums or by Yoyo support. I am using the latest version of Game Maker Studio to this.

About the Steam Cloud, my game is relatively simple, so it uses a .ini save system; I create the Steam Cloud file, steam_save.ini on startup using steam_file_write (checking before to not create duplicates), load the permanent variables with the regular save.ini, and then open steam_save.ini and load then all again, if the player has Steam, of course.For saving, I save the variables only in the steam_save.ini file, and then duplicate those values using steam_file_write_file . The problem is, the game is simply not synchronizing that file; when I try to reset the game using a in-game function, I used steam_file_delete to deal with steam_save.ini , but it did not work, which made me believe it was saved as a regular local file, like save.ini, instead of a remote one. What is the correct proceeding to make the system synchornize correctly, then? And how can I stop this local saving from happening?

The other issue is regarding Leaderboards; I am using the scripts available on the help menus, and saw some source codes for other games to cross-check my method. But I am facing two very weird issues; the first one is regarding downloading and showing the scores in-game; the Async Event method do not seem to be finding my score tables, which is strange, as beta testers have registered scores in then already ( I see that through Steamworks), what makes it not a matter of using the wrong nomenclature; also, I am noticing some testers have placed the same scores in distinct difficulties, when the game system do not allow that when uploading. Anyone that has experience in those issues have an idea of could be going on?