• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Visual Trouble with key presses being missed

M

mdg

Hi

Anyone else have problems with game maker missing keypresses?

I have added an event for "key press - space" and the only code in the event is "window set state (toggle)". I also added (for debugging) an
audio "beep" event that plays when the key-press event it triggered.

The game starts full screen. I press space, get the beep, and the window minimises - all good.

I then press space again - and nothing happens - no beep, no window maximising.

I then press again & it works - beep & window maximises.

After that, the sequence repeats itself - every alternative key press is not detected, so effectively the space key needs to be double pressed to the get the window state to toggle. I get the same behaviour no matter what key I try to detect.

I only seem to get this issue with the event that toggles the window state; I have a "P" key detected for the pause screen & that works just fine, toggling in & out of the pause menu with no issue.

All very strange.

[EDIT] - Ok, have discovered this works without problem on the PC - it's just the Mac version that exhibits this problem. Sounds like a bug? If anyone has a work-around, that would be appreciated.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: