• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Trouble with HTML5 client connecting to a Windows Server

Pixelkiwi

Set up a very simple server/client using network_connect_tcp, both the server and client running on Windows and it works fine. Changed it to network_connect_ws and ran both on Windows and also works fine. When I try run the server on Windows and the client on HTML5 the client suddenly won't connect.

Followed these tutorials for the server/client setup

Any ideas why it's not connecting?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
As of the time of writing, the Windows export supports TCP but not Websockets, so your second try is actually somewhat of a fluke.

Pixelkiwi

Is that something that used to work and they've since removed?
Another video where they swap out TCP for WS and it seems to work, other people in comments seem to have it working too?

Pixelkiwi

As of the time of writing, the Windows export supports TCP but not Websockets, so your second try is actually somewhat of a fluke.
Turns out it does work after all. All I needed to do was change network_connect to network_connect_async on the client. Glad I didn't give up hope, haha.