• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP Trouble running my project on xbox dev-kit

M

mr_starfire

No idea guys?? I installed visual 15 update 3 And now it appears to working upto a point...It now pops up a message saying igor ran into an error could not connect to https://192.168.0.30:11443

Electros

I've had issues recently with my Win10 developer mode having problems and getting in the way of a straight deployment from PC to Xbox, so have been creating packages and then deploying through the device portal.

Probably worth seeing in Edge if you can login to your XBox device portal:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/debug-test-perf/device-portal-xbox

If so you can deploy code there. Then if still wanting to deploy through the GMS IDE, check your Windows developer mode settings, GMS config, and relook through the initial setup webpage you linked to in the original post.

M

mr_starfire

Hi I seem to be confused..Lol i have been connecting to my xbox device portal (it does connect) before attempting to run the project . This never works..So i decided to do a build and then add that to my games and apps list on xbox. However this does not work as no matter the settings i use on my gm studio 2 it always builds an exe not a uwp compatible file..I hope this makes sense.I am easily confused and this process is hurting my brain

Electros

Ok, in GMS2, if you set your platform to Windows UWP and then create an executable, it should give you the options to package for ARM, x86 and x64. If you select the X64 option, this should ask you for the save location of an .appx UWP app. Create the appx, and you should then be able to simply add that to the XBox via the Device Portal Home section.

Regarding deploying directly through the GMS2 IDE, you don't need to use Edge to be connected to the device portal for it to work. If you are able to login to device portal via Edge but unable to send builds to the XBox via the IDE, that would probably suggest an issue either with your configuration settings in GMS2, or your Win10 developer settings. You should probably look above the FAILED run complete error and locate which bit it is failing at to try and hone in on the issue.

M

mr_starfire

Hi yes i tried packaging to uwp . And it gets stuck whilst displaying my xbox ip address and my password.It tries 3 or 4 times then i get message igor failed to connect to the xbox ip.I do not know why it is trying to connect to the xbox to create a x64 package since i assumed my pc does all of that work and i can then simply deploy that on the xbox afterwards .. But instead it fails everytime whilst trying to connect i will look into my dev settings on win 10 Thanks for your help no doubt i will be back