• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Trouble compiling for iOS

I googled this error: Failed to load Options
but didn't find any answers.This is the only error that shows up on build,.

I'm trying to compile for iOS for my iPhone X. It completes as:
Code:
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono DONE (0)
Release build
Options: /Users/tedgress/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/ted-9-28-2_D00D01AB_C6F1D559/PlatformOptions.json
cp  "/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.3.344/ios/mobiledevice" "/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/ted-9-28-2019/mobiledevice"

cp: /GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/ted-9-28-2019/mobiledevice: No such file or directory

cp exited with non-zero status (1)

elapsed time 00:00:36.4026860s for command "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.3.344/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/qn/mp9b0rqs1tq77rjwfl6ll4dh0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- iOS Run started at 10/09/2019 17:21:05
FAILED: Run Program Complete
But it doesn't get sent over to XCode. It just dies. I could use some help. I'm new to mobile development and I'm having a lot of trouble with it. So recap. That error up top shows up at the beginning of the build. Then it builds as usual and completes with the code block I pasted. I just noticed there is an error that says
Code:
cp: /GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/ted-9-28-2019/mobiledevice: No such file or directory
What exactlty is mobiledevice? There doesn't seem to be anything on it on google. Could this be the reason the build is failing?

rIKmAN

Try checking the option to "Suppress build and run (only create Xcode project on MacOS)" and then opening and building the project from xCode on the Mac to your plugged in device.

It can be found in File > Preferences > Platform Settings > iOS

I assume you've followed the iOS setup guide?

Also update to the latest GMS2 version as it has build toolchain updates to support the latest versions of macOS/iOS/tvOS.

@rIKmAN I searched google and yoyogames and didn't come with an answer. Could you give me a hand with the setup guide? I read through the entire thing and when starting to actually follow the directions ran into this problem.

Following the setup guide for iOS:

I'm rather confused on the roles of PC and Mac in building.,It says PC Users so I skipped that. Then it says "Set up for your MacOS machine." and
Ok. So I'm using xvode and gms 2.0 IDEs so skip this? Let's say not.

So it goes on to say:

Ok. I thought we were talking about Mac OS and iOS? Now its talking about having PC communication. So fair enough, I'm assuming I don't need to deal with this since it said above
There is no need for most Mac IDE users to do this section, as GMS will create a Mac device for your local machine automatically.
So we come to this, which is the main problem. I have the developers license. If I click on the device editor pencil for macOS its greyed out. If however, i choose iOS it gives me various iphones to choose from. So I choose my phone, iphoneX. and in the device editor there is no macOS or Windows OS.
Mind you this is only in device editor. If you choose the top of gms2 to go to device editor there is macOS, Windows, Ubuntu, Android, Amazon Fire, iOS, and tvOS.

From the picture in the guide macOS and Windows are available. And that's where i'm stuck, Sorry if i kind of rambled on but I wanted to provide the most data from my situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I set up the simulator according to the iOS setup guide. When I get to this step:

Code:
In the dialog that appears, enter your Apple Developer ID and password and then click Sign In. Your different certificates will now be retrieved. Select the Apple ID you just added and then on the right of the window click the Team Name and then the button Show Details. This should show all the different signing identity certificates options that you have:
I go to click Show Details but there is no option to do so.
I've checked google, forum search, etc. and I think maybe the documentation is just dated? I don't know.