Treasure Hunter Gamejavu

• Thread starter Deleted member 16767
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16767

This will be a game about Gamejavu. He lives in a HD Gameboy World (with just front view characters).

Everything will be randomized, from NPCs to dialogues to graphics.

It is now linear instead of randomized.

Gamejavu is looking for treasures! And he will do anything in his power to get them!

Lets see if I actually finish this. đź‘€

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16767

@Zizka That looks nice! I used my own software to change the perspective, so yeah it is resized 2 times.

New update:

Made new graphics for the "lizard goblin" enemy.
The lizard goblin enemy has now changed it's fighting moves.
Made an animation for when getting the Golden Goose Egg.
The Golden Goose Egg item appears inside a house (can be any house) with a 1 in a 10 chance.
Added in Artificial Made Voice Dialogues.
Cut Scene at Golden Goose Egg's place.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16767

Thank you for the feedback. Something with the textures must have gone wrong. It runs fine on my computer. My computer specs are Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060, Intel Core i7 CPU @ 2.60 GHz with a RAM of 16 gb. I think I need to fix the surface when you resize your window. Will do it when I have some free time.

I think I have new tech that makes the randomization instant, but have yet to implement it on this game.

G

GhostLack

Thank you for the feedback. Something with the textures must have gone wrong. It runs fine on my computer. My computer specs are Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060, Intel Core i7 CPU @ 2.60 GHz with a RAM of 16 gb. I think I need to fix the surface when you resize your window. Will do it when I have some free time.

I think I have new tech that makes the randomization instant, but have yet to implement it on this game.
Okay. If it helps, my specs are intel i7 4.2ghz 16gb ram Geforce gtx 1060 6gb.

I'd advise against mixing pixel resolutions. It doesn't look great, as a general rule. If you don't want to draw your character bigger, I would just make the screen resolution lower. Right now, it's hard to tell what most stuff is, besides the trees and character...

I think you'd have a much easier time drawing at a lower resolution. What are your favorite Gameboy games? I would look at their art and try to see what makes it work! Good luck, mikix!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16767

Hey again. The problem with the textures was that you made it full screen. I have disabled full screen switching for now. It should be picked at the start menu, which I will make later. Oh and for the voices, I'm too lazy to make thousands of .ogg files in the IDE. The player will have to learn to deal with it, or disable the voices entirely. I'd rather make an option to disable voices than to have to deal with so many files.

@RichHopefulComposer He is kinda big actually. I have a zoom in and zoom out feature in the game. So if players think it is too low res, they can make the camera zoom out. For drawing, I'm using Aseprite for the design and animation Shadowforge for perspective and animation. The trees in the beginning zone are dwarf trees, in other zones there are bigger trees too.

Right now I have to deal with making every asset be in correct depth order.

D

Deleted member 16767

I removed the random surface textures and the voice dialogues. Fixed the bow combat mechanics to not be on mouse direction. Remade the first enemy. I can't release a demo yet until I've gotten further into the development. Everything so far has been made by me solely (except the advanced collision detection). This game will now be linear instead of procedurally generated.

D

Deleted member 16767

I zoomed out and made white outlines around living entities. I need some feedback. Like is the boss too hard? Do you know where to go? How hard is the boss? And so on.

Link to the early alpha: https://mibli.itch.io/treasure-hunter-gamejavu

P.S. Press A or D to choose an answer in the game.

D

Deleted member 16767

Made player respawn next to the big house when he exits it.

Fixed so that you can not pick the same ability/boost after you exit the house and go in again.

Made the player move faster than he did before.

The tutorial text will only show in the second room.

Enemies are not solid anymore, however they do not move stacked, they keep a distance from eachother without them being solid.

Player does not get stuck anymore.

When you shoot with your bow and the arrow hits an enemy, it will vanish instantly on collision and the enemy will be aggressive towards you.

D

Deleted member 16767

Added in save slot and load slot.
Enemies that are close to you are marked with a green outlined circle.