• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Transparency of sprites is displayed in white - SOLVED

Zuljaras

Hello,

I have the following problem with this version of GMS 1.4 (v. 1.4.1772 r42005)

Here is the result.
problem.png

This is happening on different PCs as well it is not just one case.

Also one more important thing this is NOT happening in the early Access version of GMS 1.4

Any solution to this?

Zuljaras

I do have that but I have it because it prevents another issue. When I disable it transparent objects like water are not having problems when moving.
Also why is this a problem in the latest versions and not in the older?

I have the following code that gives me problems:
Code:
if __view_get( e__VW.Visible, 1 )
    game_screen = sprite_create_from_surface(application_surface, __view_get( e__VW.XPort, 1 ), __view_get( e__VW.YPort, 1 ), __view_get( e__VW.WPort, 1 ), __view_get( e__VW.HPort, 1 ), false, false, 0, 0);
else
    game_screen = sprite_create_from_surface(application_surface, 0, 0, surface_get_width(application_surface), surface_get_height(application_surface), false, false, 0, 0);
When I set removeback to false the semi-transparent objects are displayed brighter on the screenshot. If it is true they are displayed normally but in certain rooms the objects with black outline are displayed with the color of the background.

Last edited:

Zuljaras

The problem is that when I am pausing the game I am creating a screenshot and displaying it on the screen. If there are objects with transparency that do not have tiles behind them they will look different (they will loose of their transparency) on the screenshot because they will alphablend with the background color. This is working perfectly in older versions but not now. HOW?

Zuljaras

Fixed it by disabling the alphablend before the drawing of the screenshot and enabling it after it is being draw.