• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Transition without Changing Rooms

C

Chatterb0x

Good day,
I'm developing a mobile based game that requires one room.

At the level's end, I want a swipe 'transition' to a black screen. Text introduces the next level and transitions back after player taps screen.

I planned on modifying Rani_sputnik's transition code.
https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/599/transitions

It really wouldn't trouble me to add a second room with a black background. The only trouble I foresee is when the code copies the current screen to a surface. My game uses surfaces in tricky ways and can potentially bug the the transition process.

If there is a more efficient way, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks.

obscene

To me it sounds like you just need to draw a black rectangle to the GUI while moving its x a bit. Forget transitions, forget rooms, forget surfaces.

C

Chatterb0x

To me it sounds like you just need to draw a black rectangle to the GUI while moving its x a bit. Forget transitions, forget rooms, forget surfaces.
That's exactly what I did in between posts. :) Thanks for replying!

C

Chatterb0x

I may stick with the Draw event.

There is 'Level Complete', ect, text which needs to be drawn over the rectangle. The Draw GUI won't show both, even when the draw_text function comes after.

UPDATE:
I opted for Draw End. This solved all my problems, including depth issues with a blood mechanic.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheouAegis

Draw GUI should show both.

var w = gui_get_width(), h = gui_get_height();
draw_rectangle(0,0,w,h,0)
draw_text(w/2,h/2,"Level Complete")