• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Transferring Project from Desktop to Web Version

N

nightpaw

If I purchase the Desktop version of Game Maker Studio 2 now, and later decide to purchase the Web version, will my projects automatically transfer over? If not, how do I transfer them?

Thanks much.

rIKmAN

If I purchase the Desktop version of Game Maker Studio 2 now, and later decide to purchase the Web version, will my projects automatically transfer over? If not, how do I transfer them?

Thanks much.
Once you purchase the HTML5 module, it will become available as an export target in the IDE and you can choose to export to it instead of Desktop.

In general it should "just work", but there are various features and functions that aren't available on all targets so you may need to tweak your project and recode some parts depending on if you actually use any things that aren't compatible with HTML5.