Windows Trainspotting simulator

So for my first GM project I decided to remake a very old Amiga game called "Sensible Trainspotting", I am almost done so I am post it here to see if anyone would be interested in testing this when I upload it this weekend to steam, I'll have some beta keys for those interested.

The game takes place in 2 min rounds, you'll have a list of trains you need to find as they move across the screen.

Currently I am just working on the gfx polish (people on the platforms, weather effects) and adding the audio, the core gameplay loop and steam integration is all done but I very much want to test steam leaderboards.

Image3.png Image4.png

Last edited:

rIKmAN

I remember this game, it was given away on a cover disk if memory serves - what a blast from the past!

Good choice for a first game, pretty simplistic but has enough about it that you give yourself a good grounding in the fundamentals required to make it.
Nice graphics update too, it looks really nice - good job.

T

TinyGamesLab

Great visuals!
I never played this game before, but I just read about it and it should be fun to play and a great first project for anyone to create.
When will you release for play?

thanks, I plan to upload to steam this weekend as a Beta I can PM you a key (and anyone else) if you want to test it - I don't anticipate any bugs but you never know.
If you look at the wiki for "sensible trainspotting" under 'Controversy' there is an interesting tale, I'll clearly credit the guy so I don't upset anyone.

rIKmAN

If you look at the wiki for "sensible trainspotting" under 'Controversy' there is an interesting tale, I'll clearly credit the guy so I don't upset anyone.
To save people the clicks:
Eight years later in 2003, a PC games company called Demon Star released another train spotting simulator, called Train Tracking. The company claimed their game was the first ever train spotting simulator, although the gameplay is nearly identical to Sensible Train Spotting. British game journalist and former Sensible Software employee Stuart Campbell reacted to this by buying a fully registered copy of Train Tracker and making it freely downloadable from his web site, daring Demon Star to take legal action.[2]