• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Distribution trademark issues with amazon and ebay

RizbIT

ebay and amazon have fair usage policy but we know google can be awkward.

i have contacted ebay and amazon copyright permission teams about this but no reply.

If the ebay and amazon log used like this within an app on play store. will it be flagged as trademark infringement?

IMG_0090.JPG

M

MishMash

Unless you are intentionally making use of a trademark that you do not have permission to use, all they can do initially is just ask you to remove/change whatever it is causing the issue.

Are you asking a question about the use of a company logo within your app? Generally speaking, large distribution websites like amazon and ebay provide a collection of "marketing" material for use within apps. This is because any links into their site would be beneficial for them. On the same page, you can normally find information regarding contracts of usage.

I found this page on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201713630

So long as you reference this in your google play store application process, you should be fine. This is because amazon is actively giving you permission to use their logo, and so long as you comply within amazon's provided guidelines, and make google aware that these guidelines exist, you should be fine.

RizbIT

i have got permission feom eBay to use "eBay" as a text label on a button. If i have another button labelled "Amazon" do you think that would be ok? For example we see lots of big company logos/trademarks used in apps esp social sharing widgets or "like" buttons. So we might have a Facebook logo with share written on it to share you new game highscore. You could do that without getting permission from Facebook or even notifying Google beforehand.

So should you contact Google beforehand about using "eBay" and "Amazon" as text labels...at least using labels users know where they will go when they click on the button.