Asset - Extension Tower Defense Strategy Extension (Desktop / Web support)

D

Deleted member 16767

TDS Deluxe is fully completed. If there are bugs in the extension, I will fix them. But all the features I planned for this extension are working.

Missile Trajectory https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/6567/missile-trajectory

Fog Of War Simple + Missile can be bought here: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/6569/missile-and-fog-of-war

Tower Defense Strategy Extension Lite can be bought here: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/6570/tower-defense-strategy

Tower Defense Strategy Deluxe (the full extension) can be bought here: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/6601/tds-extension-deluxe

1. Missile following target: Check. Missile T Ext, MT + FoW, TDS Lite, TDS Deluxe
  2. Missile no longer following target: Check. Missile T Ext, MT + FoW, TDS Lite, TDS Deluxe
  3. Enemy HP, Missile Attack Enemy, Missile Destroy Enemy, Missile Destroy Itself on collision: Check. Missile T Ext, MT + FoW, TDS Lite, TDS Deluxe
  4. Missile spawn from parent object: Check. Missile T Ext, MT + FoW, TDS Lite, TDS Deluxe
  5. Fog of war: Check. MT + FoW, TDS Lite, TDS Deluxe
  6. Advanced Fog Of War: Check. TDS Lite, TDS Deluxe
  7. Tower building: Check. TDS Lite, TDS Deluxe
  8. Building UI: Check. TDS Lite, TDS Deluxe
  9. Hold Right Mouse to Move, Release To Stop Moving: Check. TDS Lite, TDS Deluxe
  10. Mouse Click Animation: Check. TDS Lite, TDS Deluxe
  11. Left click move to destination: Check. TDS Deluxe
  12. Cursor trail for hold right mouse button: Check. TDS Deluxe
  13. Advanced Fog Of War 2.0 (no perfect pixel collisions needed anymore for the player, you can use your players bounding box how you want to): Check. TDS Deluxe
  14. 8-directional images on mouse direction: Check. TDS Deluxe
  15. Advanced Mouse Click On Destination 2.0: Check. TDS Deluxe
  16. Building UI supported with AMCOD 2.0 and Hold Down Right Mouse Button. TDS Deluxe
  17. Drag Camera. Check. TDS Deluxe.
For help on fog of war advanced, read the notes inside the engine called "HELP FOG OF WAR". For help on tower building, read "HELP BUILD AREAS".

On how to build towers read "HOW TO BUILD TOWERS.".

Questions

1. "I want to work further on this extension, but I have no clue on how."

2. "I saw in the video that the Move To Destination feature sometimes does not show the pink sphere. Is it bugged?"

3. "How do I build towers?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answers

1. There are help notes in the note category, drop it down and you will see how to continue developing important things to the core game (which are mostly copy, paste and renaming objects and code) or how to make different things with a feature.

2. It is fixed.

3. Point your cursor to the green building square and press Q to build a tower.

Version update log:

Added drag camera feature.

AMCOD 2.0 now only moves your character when the mouse click is visible.

Building UI now works with AMCOD 2.0.

AMCOD 2.0 now only works on the corners of the map and it despawns faster!
Mouse Click On Destination upgraded to Advanced Mouse Click On Destination. Smart AI that will detect mouse click spam much better.

1. Double clicking on the same line will turn on auto run. Clicking after a double click on the same line will return the Mouse Click On Destination feature.
  2. Clicking on player or very close to the player will make the player stop moving.
This is for pro programmers that can develop the code further.

I know that Mouse On Destination is such a hassle, but I wanted to make something out of it for other programmers that want the click spam feature to develop further on.

Otherwise, you have the Hold Right Mouse Button To Move feature.

1. Made the clicking smoother and faster [Move To Destination] but with sacrificing strict movement rule. Which means, if you click on the player, he will auto run until cancelled. This can be turned off in Players Step Event.
2. Added additional info on the help notes.
3. Changed my programming player sprite art to look more 3D.
1. 8-directional images on mouse direction. 8-directional images on mouse direction works with Holding down Right Mouse Button and Move On Destination.
2. Added three help notes. "I see a line of fog is still there" issue fix (this only happens when you reach the end of the map,
there is an easy fix for it but more memory will be used), "8-dir img to AI on Mouse Destination" feature and "I want my own mouse click animation. What do I do?" that will help you make your own sprite for the Mouse Destination feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16767

For help on how to build a proper Fog Of War theme, then read "HELP" inside notes in the engine (only available in Missile + Fog Of War Advanced).

D

Deleted member 16767

Tower Defense Strategy Extension has been updated with tower building, building ui, and build area help documentation.

D

Deleted member 16767

Sample of how easy the code writing is:

Code:
//This is a go ahead sign for building on that specific area.
if global true statement is true
{
    //If your mouse cursor is over green build area object,
    //then you can spawn a tower on that specific area.
if (one line code)
{
(one line code)
//Makes the building platform not spammable with towers.
(one line code)
}
}

//If you did not click on Tower 1 on the building UI,
//then nothing will happen when you click on the green build area object.
if global false statement is true
{
(one line code)
}

D

Deleted member 16767

• Now you must stand on the green building area to build a tower.
  • Hold Right Mouse to Move, Release To Stop Moving: Check.
  • Optional Spam Left Click To Move (Building UI needs to be changed if this is in use): Check.
  • Mouse Click Animation Effect: Check.

D

Deleted member 16767

One of other things to come when I up the price next month (no perfect pixel collisions needed anymore for the player, you can use your players bounding box how you want to):

D

Deleted member 16767

Two more things coming later to live version.

Left click move to destination.
<--- :O Someone reported this? Well, yes, MCOD Simple is not anymore in the extension. Thanks for reminding me.

Cursor trail for hold right mouse button.

D

Deleted member 16767

An update is live on TDS Deluxe.
  • 8-directional images on mouse direction. Works with Holding down Right Mouse Button and Move On Destination.
  • Added three help notes. "I see a line of fog is still there" issue fix (this only happens when you reach the end of the map,
    there is an easy fix for it but more memory will be used), "8-dir img to AI on Mouse Destination" feature and "I want my own mouse click animation. What do I do?" that will help you make your own sprite for the Mouse Destination feature.

D

Deleted member 16767

Another update is live!

Mouse Click On Destination upgraded to Advanced Mouse Click On Destination. Smart AI that will detect mouse click spam much better.

1. Double clicking on the same line will turn on auto run. Clicking after a double click on the same line will return the Mouse Click On Destination feature.
  2. Clicking on player or very close to the player will make the player stop moving.
This is for pro programmers that can develop the code further.

I know that Mouse On Destination is such a hassle, but I wanted to make something out of it for other programmers that want the click spam feature to develop further on.

Otherwise, you have the Hold Right Mouse Button To Move feature.

D

Deleted member 16767

I've made a new update on AMCOD and I'm calling it Advanced Mouse Click On Destination 2.0 now. The AI is much more smarter, and to demonstrate I have made a long gif animation of it. I actually had to make two seperate gif animations of it.

Steering in void, not getting caught by AMCOD 2.0's stop action (it's the best it can get I think).

Spam clicking far away, AMCOD 2.0 prevents you from stopping at the first call (not perfect, but I think it works).

D

Deleted member 16767

TDS Deluxe is now 60% off! And AMCOD 2.0 now only works on the corners of the map and it now despawns faster! It's intended for players that get lazy of holding down right mouse button to move all the time. Perfect for long traveling to locations.

D

Deleted member 16767

Patch 1.3.0

AMCOD 2.0 now supports Building UI.
AMCOD 2.0 when not stopping movement bug fixed.

TDS Deluxe is fully completed. If there are bugs in the extension, I will fix them. But all the features I planned are working.

I'm celebrating the release with a 20% price cut until 23rd march.

D

Deleted member 16767

Patch 1.3.2

AMCOD 2.0 now only moves your character when the mouse click is visible.
AMCOD 2.0 now has a smaller ellipse collision radius.

50% price cut.

Patch 1.3.4

Added drag camera feature.