• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free Total Anarchy - 2020 Update

Distronaut

Banner_main.png

Inspiration: Grand Theft Auto 2 meets Hotline Miami
Genre: Action Adventure
Version: 0.9 (2020.1) - essentially completed, but more content on the way
Price: Free to play. No ads, no micro-transactions, no shareware - just play and have fun!
Platforms: Windows Only
Made using: Game Maker Studio 1.4.1567
File Size: 126 MB
Download Link:
Get it on Itch.io
Official Website: Hotline Cafe Arcade
Gameplay Video: Watch Here

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
Screenshot 4

Summary: Set in the 1990s, this game tells the tragic story of Pavilion City's descent into anarchy as three violent gangs fight for power and territory. With your friends lost to the chaos, it's now up to you alone to stay alive, make quick money and claim the city for yourself - using whatever means you feel are necessary.

You can hijack cars, steal drugs, trash hotel rooms, murder citizens, blow up boats, listen to the radio, set people on fire, throw bricks & rocks, shoot rockets and otherwise behave like a terrible person much like you can in other open world games.

This game features a vast and vibrant city rendered in top down 3D. It includes nearly a hundred unique vehicles, 26 different weapons & 2 hours of exclusive in-game radio. Feel free to explore the place and cause havoc!

003.jpg

System Requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP(SP3), 7, 8.1 or 10.
A five year old mid-range CPU or anything better.
A 200 MB chunk of free disk space.
4 GB of RAM.
Minimum 256 MB video memory.
512 MB of dedicated video memory recommended for best performance.

010.jpg

This product in unrated. Be warned that it does contain cartoon violence, foul language, and lots of references to drugs.

I've been using Game Maker as a hobby to create games since 2004. This game essentially showcases everything I've taught myself. Total Anarchy has been published before on the Game Maker Community in various incomplete stages: alphas, betas etc. This is the first time the game has been showed off close to actual completion. I actually started making this game using version 6.1

Please feel free to ask me anything about this game, leave feedback and offer suggestions.

Thank you for playing!

otterZ

That's impressive! Nice looking graphics too. I like the idea of players being able to choose the GUI / colour scheme look that they most like.

TheSnidr

Heavy metal viking dentist
GMC Elder
Wait, seriously, it's been under development all this time??? Feels like it's been eons since I last heard about it! Good to see you're still around!
Will def give it a whirl

Distronaut

Wait, seriously, it's been under development all this time??? Feels like it's been eons since I last heard about it! Good to see you're still around!
Will def give it a whirl
Haha! Yes, it's an insanely old project. Even though this build was started in 2016, 'Total Anarchy' was started in around 2007 and GM elders may be more familiar with the 2010 beta that circulated for a while.

The amount of times I've shelved it, abandoned it, then carried on out of the shame of not finishing something...

I have a complex love/hate relationship with this project, not gonna lie.