• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Top Down Shooter Walls

A

AtLantiSs

How may I make simply white walls, that have some type of texture loading system. Fck the shaders, that lags. I want to find a way to set the blend mode to blend the texture into the white tile. I don't know how to do this. Little help please?

M

montiedragon

Are you trying to have one wall object that can have many different appearances? If so there are easier ways to deal with your problem. If not, could you explain a bit more?

Bingdom

Googledom
If you want the walls to be a plain different colour, then you can use image_blend for different colours.

If you want different colours but want to go with the shaders of your tile, you can use this.

If you want to use different sprites for the walls, you can use image_index or sprite_index = choose(spr_1, spr_2, spr_3).

If none of these help, can you please provide a bit more information.

You could probably do it using surfaces and blend modes. It would be a similar process as a lot of the simple lighting systems use. Off the top of my head, I don't remember exactly how to do it though. It has been a LONG time since I've done anything with blend modes.

A

anomalous

Feels like I responded to this a while back!? In case it was missed!

Look up in manual texture primitives, you can do it natively/directly, with a texture.

However, since this is 2D, making the sprites as complete sprites would probably be easiest and look the best.