Tools & resources for making your Jam game

M

mizugori

I know this is an older thread but, just wanted to point out, I found 3 links to particle-related tools and systems throughout this thread and none of them work (all links dead.) Possible to update/replace? I am struggling with baked in particle system.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
I know this is an older thread but, just wanted to point out, I found 3 links to particle-related tools and systems throughout this thread and none of them work (all links dead.) Possible to update/replace? I am struggling with baked in particle system.
Try Pixel FX Designer

Selek

Thanks for that link; that system looks helpful. Are there similar particle-effects packages for people not using pixel art?

Gizmo199

Royalty-free Audio resources:

Fesliyan Studios
This man seriously has TOP high-quality sound effects and music. All of the sound effects on his site are completely royalty-free to use for commercial or personal use. No license required ( though he appreciates donations/credit). The music I believe you just have to make a donation to him for access to ALL of it.

One of the best SFX and music sites I've found in a while.

Audio from space
( click soundpacks for downloads )
All of these packs are completely free to use Commercially or personally and are completely royalty-free. Some awesome foley and background sounds/ambience. Amazing quality all of it!

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I really like the space skybox generator Spacescape. Its a layer based thing for creating space scenes and getting skybox renders out. Even if you aren't doing 3d, you can use just one of the images for a background if your game is space based.

FunkyPoop

Also for the management category.

A digital whiteboard, where you can work on simultaneously.

And a sorf of Photoshop, where you can also work on simultaneously and sketch out some ideas.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
With Flash being reduced to atoms, BFXR is now useless

instead use JSFXR

Its basically the exact same tool just on a different website

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Has a load of free to use game assets

Jaspogames

For composing music, I had been using MuseScore 3 for notation and then importing into cakewalk for adding VST instruments but now MuseScore 4 has been released which supports VST3 plugins.

JAFYgames

i think GMToolbox doesn't exist anymore :(

MOD EDIT: removed link due to it leading to possible malware

Last edited by a moderator: