• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Extension Icon and Image Sizer v1.1

B

begalbrew

Description
A tool for quickly creating all the icons and image sizes needed for Game Maker builds, especially iOS & Android.

Features:

Create your choice of any or all icon sizes needed for builds in GMS.
Drag & drop your image file into the program or open it manually with the open file button. Shows preview of the currently loaded image file.
Set custom output location.
Creates subfolders "iOS" , "Android" , and "Other" in output location containing corresponding icons.
Makes .ico files in 16,32,48 sizes.
User settings stores selected sizes and output location preferences.

Use:

1. Import asset contents like any other, click the .exe in your "included files".

2. Load image file by dragging into the first text box or by using the "Open File" button.

3. Set output location using "Set Output" button(not needed if desired output location is loaded from previous use)

4. Select the icon sizes you want from the "iOS" . "Android" , or "Common Sizes +" areas.

5. If a custom size is desired check the "make custom" box and input width and height dimensions.

6. Click "make selected icons" button.

7. If desired select a size (16,32,48) of the .ico file you want and click "Make .ico".

8. Locate icons in the chosen output directory, update them in your game maker project.

Marketplace Link:
https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/4867/icon-and-image-sizer-v1-1

I am happy to update this tool with any common sizes or other suggestions
let me know below!

Mobile Icon Sizer v1.1 built Dec 10 2016 begalbrew games & apps

Last edited by a moderator:
B

begalbrew

Thanks for commenting :)

Awesome to see people grabbing this, I hope it's helping users save time and effort!

Please don't be afraid to post up your suggestions, additions you'd like to see, etc
I'd really like to make this as useful as possible for the community but currently only thought to add what I use regularly myself.