GML [Tool] GMEdit

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by YellowAfterlife, Dec 25, 2017.

1. YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ Forum Staff Moderator

You should be able to use
    Code:
    file:///C:/.../<GM doc path>/$1

(also note that API changes only take effect after restarting GMEdit)
    GMLive has approximately nothing to do with the docs so I'm not sure why you'd be using it's server for this.

Thank you!

2. CameronScottMusic

CameronScottMusic Member

@YellowAfterlife Hey I ended up downloading this and it's even better than I could have imagined. It's so lightweight and elegant! :)
    I do have a question though in regards to the backups. I'm working on project for a company on GMS1 and I push changes to a master using source control and would rather not have to push my backup folder. Is there a way to change the storage of the backup folder to my desktop or something? If not, is it that necessary to maintain the backups? I noticed in the settings I can reduce the number of backups from 2 to 0 and may do just that. However, there were a couple of times working on the project where the IDE noticed a conflict between an older version of a file and a newer version. Each time I chose the newer version of the file, but these conflicts gave me pause in reducing the backup count from 2 to 0. Thanks!

Edit: So it seems this is necessary protection when working with GMS1. Still, if you have a way of moving this folder away from the repository folder that would be great!
    If not, I can always just take the folder out manually before adding and committing my changes although that would be a slight hassle.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018 at 9:41 PM
  3. YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ Forum Staff Moderator

Thank you!

Just add
    Code:
    /#backups/
    (or /project/#backups/ if it's in a subdirectory)
    to your .gitignore file.

If you are using a git GUI client, you should have an option to add file(s) to gitignore to the right-click menu when picking them for a commit, and there's usually a "ignore the directory" option to make things easier (but in the end this still just adds a line to .gitignore)

CameronScottMusic likes this.