• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code TODO:\\ comments

P

piranha305

I'm not sure if something like this is already in gm2, i know in gm1.4 you could bookmark scripts with like ctrl and a #, i was wondering if there is or will be like some type of bookmarking in the editor, most other editor have something like //TODO comments which are handled differently and can be listed.

its not to big of a deal, i could just use find functionality, i was just wondering since gm1.4 had bookmarks if something similar would be available in gm2?

GMWolf

aka fel666
A TODO comment would be great! Perhaps they could show up in the resource tree or somehing. Click on them to get right to that peice of code.

Jobo

GMC Elder
most other editor have something like //TODO comments which are handled differently and can be listed.
I write todo's all over my code and I definitely hope to have some form of support to highlight and list these in the future (but until then you can use the Find dialog to find them all - works the same). I also keep a note resources called "todo" and "bugs" I keep up-to-date.

R

Ramaraunt

I type RAMARAUNT BOOKMARK sometimes

all you have to do is go ctrl f and you find it.