To those who have released finished games...

pixeltroid

1. Did you set a final release date?

2. At what point did you finalizw your game? I mean, when did you say "this is it, no more revisions!"?

3. What did you do during "post production"? I mean technical stiff for exporting to formats for whatever platform you chose?

I've been sitting on a game thats complete (in terms of code and 85% of graphics) but I still feel tempted to modify sprites and tilea, change level design and perfect placements of enemies and objects so the game feels balanced.

Its been nearly 2 months since I started and I think its time to say bye to the project. But I still want to keep fixing it.

SnoutUp

1. No, with an exception of Steam release, where everything was done & I needed to set a date.
2. Usually, never. I move to another project and maybe I'll update the previous one, maybe I won't - I don't know that.
3. No idea what that means. Marketing is "post production" for me.

It's up to you to finish or keep polishing your project. There are no global rules here.

JacPete

1) i once set an release date and that doenst work out, so i code till its done. then elimante the rest of the bugs and make the game some more content with updates. at least thats the plan so far ^^
2) i think a game is never realy finished, maybe in 3 years but then still updates will come.
3) hmm post production ? do you mean the time after the release ? seeding posts in forums and hoping that someone reads the post and downloads the game.

2 month of production time is not su much, i was 10 month on super mage world and going to work on it for the next 3 years i think

M

Meowmere

I haven't released any games yet. They all flop over and die like fish. Squishy bitter fish who fold like napkins... Napkins who are crying.