Legacy GM to shaun spalding (if player hit by enemy)

phillipPbor

to @ShaunJS

I just want to talk with you, I know you made enemys that collide with player but I just want the player to bounce back from colliding the enemy_par. how did you do that? I just copied your code actually. regardless.

ShaunJS

Just Another Dev
GMC Elder
My tutorials stand by themselves dude. Make sure you follow them thoroughly and understand them and you will then probably be equipped with the tools you need to expand upon it.

Otherwise other members of the community might be able to help you. The combined knowledge of the forums far exceeds my own by orders of magnitude.

phillipPbor

My tutorials stand by themselves dude. Make sure you follow them thoroughly and understand them and you will then probably be equipped with the tools you need to expand upon it.

Otherwise other members of the community might be able to help you. The combined knowledge of the forums far exceeds my own by orders of magnitude.
tell me have you ever interested in this game?
pictrue.png

Code:
//death..........................................................
if !deathless
if (place_meeting(x,y,obj_death_par))
{
deathless = true;
alarm[0] = 80;

}

if deathless = true
{
  image_alpha = 0.5;
}
else
{
  image_alpha = 1;
}

//hit.................................................................
if !deathless
if place_meeting(x,y,obj_enemy_par)
{

hsp = -image_xscale*1;
vsp = -3;
deathless = true;
alarm[0] = 80;
//lives = -1;

if deathless = true
{
  image_alpha = 0.5;
}
else
{
  image_alpha = 1;
}

}
this is the code from player step event, but need player to lose life when hit, not make player lose all lives when hit.

Last edited by a moderator:

phillipPbor

thanks BINGDOM!

Code:
// ANI
//
// made by (phinto64)
//
// sprites (phinto64)
//
// programing (phinto64) (shaunSpalding) (benjamin) (Maximus) (theouaegis) (yal)
//
// sounding (phinto64) (pixel ayama)
//
// beta testers (maximus)
//
// bug finders (benjamin) (phinto64)
//
// supporters (NazGhuL,) (Lonewolff) (aaron plaxus) (nux) (theouaegis) (Bingdom) (mikahon) (hyomoto)
//
// thanks to (you)
//
... getting to work.

Last edited by a moderator: