Asset - Scripts TMC Command Stack

I

icuurd12b42

upload_2016-7-14_13-17-33.png

Description
TMC Command Stack!

A re-written version of my original command stack which allows defining complex AI behaviors with ease

The system consist of a list/stack of instructions/command scripts that define the behavior of an AI like patrolling an area. The command scripts themselves can modify the command stack instructions, adding to the command stack, inserting instructions in the behavior so to give chase to an enemy and to come back to patrolling when done

Features:

1. Stack and list type feature... Push Pop Add commands to the command list/stack
  2. Sample commands scripts included. Kept it simple this time
  3. Command Script can add to the current list to modify behavior
  4. Switch from one state to another easily
  5. Basically a script based state machine on steroids
  6. Accommodation for comparing script to peek at what is currently active
  7. Accommodation for defining script subset as a string lookup to prevent calling non command type script
Note Unlike my original gm6,7,and 8 version, I purposefully kept this version as simple as possible so not to obscure the system with options no one would ever use.

The system is not interchangeable with my previous version of the command stack on the GMC. Similar in features, yes, but your existing scripts would need to be converted to the new concept.

upload_2016-7-14_13-18-46.png

upload_2016-7-14_13-19-10.png

L

LordVTP

New and improved! This stuff makes getting complex behaviors in your games a snap!

F

foxtails

Could you make a behavior tree add-on to work with this command stack asset?

Would like to have the ability to include behavior logic to change with hunger, angry, sleepy and so on. With the ability to change animations.

I

icuurd12b42

You can add different script sequences depending on the state... since the way you control the behaviour tree is up to you I cant really make one

F

foxtails

Good point! The base logic is already there. I shouldn't break the sequence too bad Lol

I

icuurd12b42

Pre-emptive post....

The old system had a transfer to batch add commands from one list (like from a behaviour template)... but a script can achieve the same thing by adding all your sequence in one go with code, the script method is better because the moment you call the script to batch add your commands, the instance's states, like position, can be used...

F

foxtails

Will you add the additional asset source download link for the Command Stack asset for GM2?

F

foxtails

There have been a lot of updates since Command Stack was released a little over a year ago. Several devs have updated links to keep code updated in their stores for new customers and make assets less cumbersome for current customers. With going between both GM 1.4 to GM2.1 and cleaning up code for GM2. It really has been a huge benefit having the extra option available.

Thought it would be reasonable to ask if you would consider adding a GM2 source link as well. What do you think?

I

icuurd12b42

I've been asked to convert some assets to gms2, especially the ones that makes the import include the conversion set of scripts which some find inconvenient, which is odd because users never see/use these internal wrapping/conversion scripts, The bothersome part is simply the fact that there's a few extra scripts in the project... which could very well be my own.... This one does not need any of the conversion scripts. everything should pretty much be identical. the only convertion you should see happen on import is the conversion of the /// comments. It's impossible to have the asset support both gms1 and 2 without splitting/branching and in effect doubling the amount of assets I would need to maintain. There is no #ifdef GMS1 #else in the language... it's a shame