Tizen compile stuck

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by clockworkengine, Dec 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. clockworkengine

clockworkengine Member

After getting the Tizen sdk setup and the signature stuff done, each time I try to compile I am met with 2 problems. See the compile log below:

"C:\Users\Ronald\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /m=win /lcfn /config="Default" /tgt=8388608 /tg="C:\Users\Ronald\AppData\Local\Temp\gm_ttt_27159\\TextureGroups.txt" /to="C:\Users\Ronald\AppData\Local\Temp\gm_ttt_27159\\TextureOptions.txt" /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=3 /cvm /tp=1024 /ogg=False /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1130 /gn="Project Leonardo" /o="C:\Users\Ronald\AppData\Local\Temp\gm_ttt_27159\gm_ttt_27343" "D:\Storage\Software Studio\07 GML Projects\Project Leonardo.gmx\Project Leonardo.project.gmx"

Saving IFF file... C:\Users\Ronald\AppData\Local\Temp\gm_ttt_27159\gm_ttt_27343\Project Leonardo.win
    Writing Chunk... GEN8
    Writing Chunk... OPTN
    Writing Chunk... EXTN
    Writing Chunk... SOND
    Writing Chunk... SPRT
    Writing Chunk... BGND
    Writing Chunk... PATH
    Writing Chunk... SCPT
    Writing Chunk... SHDR
    Writing Chunk... FONT
    Writing Chunk... TMLN
    Writing Chunk... OBJT
    Writing Chunk... ROOM
    Writing Chunk... DAFL
    Writing Chunk... TPAGE
    This should not happen #2 //<- WHAT IS THIS
    cmd /c" set PATH="c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_181\bin";%PATH% && "C:\tizen-studio\tools\ide\bin"\native-gen project -s empty -n TizenRunner "

Tizen Signer 1.0.0
    Usage:
    java org.tizen.common.sign.signer.TizenSigner targetDir authorCAPath authorP12Path authorPass dist1P12Path dist1Pass dist1CAPath dist2P12Path dist2Pass dist2CAPath dist2RootPath
    java org.tizen.common.sign.signer.TizenSigner targetDir authorCAPath authorP12Path authorPass dist1P12Path dist1Pass dist1CAPath dist2P12Path dist2Pass dist2CAPath dist2RootPath
    cmd /c" xcopy /y /s "C:\Users\Ronald\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Tizen\res\*.*" "C:\Users\Ronald\AppData\Local\Temp\gm_ttt_27159\TizenRunner\res" "

Does C:\Users\Ronald\AppData\Local\Temp\gm_ttt_27159\TizenRunner\res specify a file name
    or directory name on the target
    (F = file, D = directory)? //<-- AND THIS

I'm not sure about the "This should not happen #2" error but the compile process continues. It's the bottom bit that halts the compile process. It seems to be waiting for a response but I cannot respond so it softlocks I guess. Can anyone recommend any way to either respond to the request or some other solution? Thanks, let me know what additional information is needed if any.

2. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

The Tizen export on GMS 1.x has been dead for years, just forget about it.

3. clockworkengine

clockworkengine Member

Definitely gonna keep trying to figure it out. Is there any way to interact with the compile window or command prompt so I can try to respond to the question it's waiting on an answer for?

4. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

Not any that I know of, and even if you could, that would not help much.

The Tizen export on GMS 1.x has never been supported past the very first version of the SDK, after which YoYo silently discontinued it. It is wholly incompatible with any current version of the Tizen SDK, and anything it could export would fail store validation due to a power consumption issue. YoYo won't do any more work on GMS 1.x, let alone the Tizen export which has been abandoned for much longer, so what you're doing is a fool's errand.

If you know any better, you should install a more up-to-date version of GMS (1.4.9999 final), and uninstall the Tizen SDK to get your space back for more worthwhile pursuits. And if you want your work to last for at least the next 5 years, get GMS 2 instead.

5. clockworkengine

clockworkengine Member

Thank you for the advice